Apologies: Chapter 7

Yerin's POV

I insisted on telling Doctor Hwang to check her back to cure whatever bruise or wound she got there, but she's just as much persistent as I.

How can she just smile at me and tell me everything was just fine and I shouldn't worry about her? For pete's sake, she got hit so many times by a metal pole by a psycho and she's telling that it's alright?

Does she know that I am feeling guilty because she took my place earlier? Or she's really telling the truth? Who knows she might be wearing an armor underneath her clothes. And if that's really the case then.. she better tell me the reason on why she's wearing that in the first place.

"Miss Jung?"

I was interrupted in my reverie when a voice suddenly called me out, "Uhm... y-yeah?" I asked, I don't even know why I stuttered letting out that freaking word. I am just afraid that I might have drooled or looked like an octopus earlier when I'm zoning out.

"Your shift is over, you can go home now."

The octopus and drool thoughts were now suddenly gone and were replaced instantly by my phantasms.

Oh God! Finally! Nothing triggers my tranquilness faster than hearing that my shift is over. A warm bath after a day of work and a comfy date with my beloved bed, occasionally sipping my lovely hot chocolate. Just how romantic is that right?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like what I am doing but what I mean is that, I prefer cozy dates than dull vast load a paper works. You can't blame me. And I won't blame myself for that as well.

I got all my things and put it in my bag, not minding to throw even a short glance of what might have it looked like inside. A pile of a mess most probably.

Okay, way to go Jung Yerin. Your day was barely alright, except that you have talked roughly to your boss and you even caused her trouble. It's just my first day but I felt like I have already experienced a year here. I don't how to face the next days. Let's just hold on the three facts that'll apparently help me last all the way; the foods here are awesome and the foods here are awesome and lastly the foods here are awesome.

It's not then when I realized that FH hospital also deals on making pharmaceutical medicines and drugs. I'm walking in a rather long hallway when tons of rooms with crystalline reflections caught my eye, the interior of the rooms are extremely different from the others, which I think they've constructed intending solely on experimenting and developing drugs. Woah they're really on another level.

The long triapse that I have been doing shall eventually lead me to the exit, but contrary to my wish of having a peaceful date tonight is my elevated compulsion on knowing how Doctor Hwang is doing.

Unknowingly, my feet are walking closer and closer to the exit but my mind is opposing them, going back inside the hospital and wanting to check on her.

Why do I always thinks of her?

No matter how hard I try to solve the puzzle, it seemed that there's really a missing piece, making it far from possible for me to solve it, the equations I have been putting together might have one common error that I failed to notice. She always makes me fazed over the specter of things.

I am in absolute confusion.

Doctor Hwang you are still a total mystery to me.

I did the unthinkable, I don't know how or why, but yes, I was instantly just standing in front of this colossal door of her office again, contemplating to knock or just let the door burn and melt under my stare.