Apologies: Chapter 26

Third Person's POV

The blaring feeling Eunbi left her was too agonizing for Yerin to even stay in the same building as her. Suddenly, the air in the place was too hot to be breathed in, and the looks of everyone there, who probably have heard of the news about her encouraging some patient to jump off the building, was too painstakingly hard to bear.

Going home, she tried to picture lots of things in her mind in attempt to erase Eunbi's memory from her mind.

Plushies, foods, movies, books, songs, places-literally just everything she can think of. But at the end, still, she failed. Her mind always drifts back to Eunbi like it has always been there, like it was just always with her.

Actually, Yerin wasn't scared or sad with how Eunbi treated her earlier. The feelings like race of heartbeats and shaky hands weren't there.

That time, when Eunbi looked at her, it all just felt like.. like something was taken away from her, something so important and valuable, but no matter how much she tried, she cannot pinpoint what the hell that was.

Now, there's still around 3 months left before she transfer back to her original hospital, until then, in that span of time..

can she hold on or not?

With that thought in mind and a final heavy breath, Yerin pushed the signaling button, the bus' wheels shrieking to a stop. Once stabilized, the girl stood up and trudged down the vehicle.

It was the middle of the day.

Warm and sunny and cheerful, but not any humid, thanks to the winter air giving crisp to the whole surrounding.

Everyone in the bustling city was either clad in a dignified suit or a classic flannel, either way, they're all busy walking in and out of the place, shoes and heels clacking on the asphalted road as if to signify unsolicited statements.

But there Yerin was...

Unmoving, galled. Frozen and broken.

The desolated atmosphere broke off to unrecognizable shrunks as a person nudged her ever so lightly, smiling fondly at her.

"Hey," the familiar deep yet gentle voice greeted, seating beside her in the empty space of the bus stop's bench, "How are you? Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital right now?"

Yerin didn't cared to answer.

Yerin just doesn't care at all...anymore.

"Wait.." the man continued, his shoulders raising in thought, "Or are you just about to go? Are you waiting for the bus? You're pretty late now, you know."

Unbeknownst, it was all Taehyung's sensational blunders to have excuses to talk to Yerin.

He knew she just came back from the hospital.

He knew just what happened to her.

Having the plan that day to visit Yerin in the hospital, Taehyung decided to just drop by quickly, but in his dismay he was couples of minutes late when Yerin left. So, the initial plan was to ask her colleagues where she was at the moment, and that's when he was told about every detail of the incident. He wasted no time and followed her and, there, luckily, he found her sitting in the heart of the busy city, alone.

Yerin shrugged everything and so he just insisted to keep talking, "Have you eaten breakfast though? Or maybe brunch? I have some sandwic-" his words got stocked up just right on his throat when Yerin darted  him her infamous poker face.

"YAH! YAH! STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT! YOU.. YOU'RE SCARING ME!" he blurted out with super high pitched voice, trying to sound hilarious as possible, but Yerin didn't budge.