Apologies: Chapter 12

Eunbi's POV

"Uhmm.. Ms. Jung?" I snapped a finger in front of her, she was smiling for a moment now and was being unresponsive, "Ms. Jung hey?"

I don't really know if I should trespass her on whatever the reason on why she's smiling right now, there's just a speck of longing inside me that's telling me to just savor this moment instead.

One look from her and I gave up disturbing her from her most beautiful reverie. Now it's me who cannot hinder my smile on my own self, as I clearly remember the trench of memories when I saw her earlier having a hard time trying to fit herself behind the crash cart, or maybe that time when she frantically bumped her head and pretended that she's looking for something on the floor, or maybe when she awkwardly sprinted out of the scene. I must admit it was the most adorable things I saw today.

The way her lips curled up into smile looking at the unobstructed city lights was too perfect for me.

It really was.

Who would have known that behind those magnificent smile of her hides a vicious suffering from the agitating calvary of what happened in the past. No one would have known it, unless they try to overmatch and annihilate those unyielding walls that's guarding her futile self which is literally pointless because that's just impossible to happen.

It's sad how people try desperately to cover themselves and continue to carry the unbearable pain in the dark alone, without anyone beside them.

The bus' horn echoed in my ears and I was then swiftly threw open into the fields of reality. I drained my unnecessary thoughts and decided to call out once again, "Ms. Jung aren't you gonna go in? The bus is already here."

Good thing that the small commotion by the other passengers there seemed to help strengthen my voice to be actually heard by her.

Her splinded lashes flickered for a sheer second and she turned to face me with that addled expression before cracking a flustered beany smile, "I'm sorry uhh.. I was zoning out aren't I? I know hahaha. Sorry. Dr. Hwang I'll be taking this bus, but how about you? This is opposite your route."

"I'll just call Jun-oppa to come pick me up from here."

Her smile melted instantly and was replaced by a disgruntled one, "O-oppa?" her tone went around two pitch higher than usual with that one word question.

"Yes, Jun-oppa." I answered, "The family driver." there's no doubt about his position for us, but the thing is, on a normal basis I don't really address him with 'oppa', but just his plain name and nothing more. I guess my tounge just twisted.

She heaved an extensively long sigh and with that, her normal aura was back, "Ahh.. family driver. I thought--" she held back the words and bowed 90 degrees at me instead, "I'm grateful for the time you lent to me Dr. Hwang, I'm happy. And again, sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to repay your kindness in the future. So then, I'll be going now." she finished off rushing towards the vehicle before its door totally shuts close.

I've already heard hundreds of gratifying entreaties from a lot of people and patients because of my plausible acts and deeds, but somewhat hers was by far, the most comforting my ears have ever percieved in years.

I trailed my eyes on the bus that she got into until it travels a considerable amount of distance that made me only able see it's rear part, and then eventually disappear completely in my sight.

Right after that, I sent Jun a text with all the things I wanted to say. He came faster than I expected. He got out of the car, clad with his humorous suit and tie. He looked more of a battler than a driver with that on.