Apologies: Chapter 14

No one's POV

"The promise of eternity it was."

"No, you fool. It's not eternity's promise. It's your promise to her, and you'll be going through heaven and hell just to fulfill that now."

"Oh yeah whatever. I'll be going on in now."

"Hey.."

"Hmm?"

A smile stumbled down her face before whispering almost inaudibly in the air, "Be happy."

_________________________________________

Third Person's POV

"Are you smiling because you're in pain or because you're starting to hallucinate now?" Taehyung asked, adjusting the umbrella above them.

"No, I'm just happy."

"Oh God this is bad.. hold this," the man stood up in fleet after transferring the umbrella onto Yerin's hand and sprinted to a busy medical personnel nearby, "Excuse me, but are you really sure she didn't injured her head or something? She just literally said that she's happy about thi- ouch!" a pebble magically landed on his head rendering his sentence incomplete.

Massaging the part, he turned around just to be greeted with a smug faced Yerin, waving her slender hand up mockingly, "Sorry, but not my fault. I don't mean to hit you that hard though."

"Are you randomly throwing stuffs to someone because you're happy huh?!"

"Uh-huh, bingo."

"What was that for?!"

Yerin rolled her eyes and scorned, "Be quiet and lower your voice, come near if you want to talk."

Taehyung could just unwillingly go back to his initial sit, still with that perplexed expression on his face, "Okay, I think I'm close enough now. So why did you threw me that?"

"Because you don't know how to listen." Yerin snarled lightly, playing with the faint patters of rain beneath her soaked feet.

"My hearing is clear Yerin-ah, you really said you're happy about this.. this accident, and just you know, normal people won't think like that in this situation."

"That's not what I'm talking about," she trailed her gaze to the forlornly bus few meters away, and cannot help but to smile sadly about it, "I mean I'm happy that I'm safe. But besides that, I think I'm more grateful that now.. I've finally found my hope."

His brows came together at the unexpected confession, "Your hope?"

"I could've died because of the accident, but I didn't.." the girl murmured in the air, a smile slowly crawling up her minute face, "That means that there's a reason why I'm still alive right? That's maybe because I believe in my hope." I believe on her.

There was no response for a couple of moments, Taehyung's eyes were stolid and in disarray that it made Yerin think that she was talking nonsense for him to actually understand and process what she's blabbering about.

"Ahahaha, I'm being weird again."

"Oh no," he snapped back to reality from the daydream he was once in, "It's just.. you- you smiled."

"Did I?" she asked obliviously, trying to recall the fragments of memory but failed.

"Surely you did, and it was the first time you smiled genuinely in years Yerin-ah. It just caught me off guard. It was just like.. before." the same bright smile that captivated me. Taehyung confessed, keeping the latter words to himself for he doesn't want to shatter out the beautiful moment. Reminiscing the short-lived smile, he certainly think of the way how her lips curled delightfully and how her eyes sparkled along the hiding stars above will be a great contemporary art.