Apologies: Chapter 36

++

Yerin's POV

"He's pretty good, what do you think Yerin-ah?"

It was Hoseok's question that snapped me back to the fields of reality after the male auditionee exited the room. Upon realizing, I cleared my throat and tried to sound heedful, "Huh? Ahhh I guess... yeah."

But it seemed like the tone of my voice alone let him knew that I was totally out of focus, "You've been zoning out since earlier. You might be forgetting that you're not the one who's going to audition."

"Of course, haha." I replied awkwardly as I grabbed the papers silently settled in front of me, looking like I'm examining it with utmost importance.

Truth be told, all I'm doing was hiding my distressed-driven face and soul to the expected next auditionee.

I might be going insane now that I can definitely hear my erratic heartbeats drumming against my chest, I'm thinking that it could practically burst open anytime soon.

"Just give me the signal when you're ready, I'm gonna play the music."

"Yes sir, thanks." 

SHIT. I never thought that hearing your crush's voice could be this pleasurably excruciating. It's like spellbinding me into a circus of delightful out-of-this-world emotions, telling me to give my everything to her.

Alright, maybe I'm just exaggerating but, indeed, I'm willing to give my everything to her, even my virgi– okay that just slipped out.

But seriously, I missed it, I mean her voice. Who needs music to listen to when I can listen to her voice instead, a voice sounding unquestionably superior to any classical piece of music ever created in this whole wide world?

Oh god, I'm just falling even deeper.

I adjusted the papers just below my eyes for me to take a sneak peek of her glorious figure, just for immediate, overwhelming regret to take over.

God dammit! In a millisecond, I had frantically brought the papers back in covering my whole face again, so close that it could actually exchange face with me.

I already knew that accepting the duty as a senior member to be the panelist here was a bad decision, but I never knew that slightly pulling down the papers that covered my face was ten thousand way more bad.

She was there.

Hwang Eunbi.

The person who makes me sleepless every night because of spontaneous fantasms. The person who's smile I love the most. The person who's I'm willing to devote my life to. And, the person who I want to marry.

She's just really beautiful. Right now, I just want to tug her to a church, kneel down in front of her, offer a ring with my whole life as an accompaniment, then finally, with the stars and galaxies as witnesses, ask her to be my wife.

But that would be remarkably unsuitable and unfeasible, right in this very moment that I can hardly even breathe without  hyperventilating inside.

O h ,  s h e ' s   s w e e t   b u t  
a   p s y c h o

Oh no, here comes the delightful torture. Comes with the first drop of music, and behind this blockage I've installed in my line of sight, was of course, my future wife prefectly and flawlessly dancing along its rhythm.

A   l i t t l e   b i t  
p s y c h o

A t   n i g h t   s h e ' s  
s c r e a m i n '