(4) why

During our travels a group of soldiers put a vinyl on and music was beginning to play. Most of the men were dancing shirtless. Mason and I were sitting down and laughing at their childlike behavior as they did random silly things.

"I'm gonna go for a bit, wanna take some shots of the men dancing and having fun." Mason said to me as she went to grab her camera.
" cool enjoy I'll meet you back here I'm gonna go somewhere"
"And where is this somewhere or should I say someone be " she asked giving me a smirk.

I gave her a confused look , " what do you mean"
"I know you have the eyes for the Captain conrad" mason teased me as she wiggles her eyebrows and smirked , I just laughed.
"Ha ha very funny and it's just Conrad he's decommissioned" I said sassily.

"Well definitely not decommissioned in the good look department" she said wiggling her eyebrows
"Oh voetsak (go away // pronounced like futsak) aren't you supposed to be going now"
I said as I began walking away.
"Ya whatever" Mason yelled at me as I continued to walk away.

I began walking towards the rails of the ship. As I got to the rails I leaned against the rail and I looked down at the water.

It was very calming and beautiful watching the waves of the ocean crashing against the ship as it cuts through the ocean like a knife. Even though it was a warm day with the sun out and no clouds in the sky. The winds made it weirdly cold yet warm. The thin material of my white top did not help me one bit.

I gently took out my small heart shaped locket and began twirling it between the tops of my fingers, a nervous habit I've picked up over time.

(Outfit she wears ^)

The sounds of the crashing waves gave me a sense of calmness over the tornado of thoughts as they swirled around my head.

Is this really worth it, its the complete unknown, what if i cant handle it. What if someone dies because of my lack of knowledge of the behaviors. Why do they need so much fire power.

My thoughts were quickly cut off when i felt a tap on my right shoulder. my head shot up in shock and out of instinct i swiftly grabbed my pocket knife from my waist holster using my right hand and with my left hand I put the locket back into my shirt.

In one swift movement i spun round to face whoever was behind me and I pointed my knife at the persons neck . The person didn't flinch at my actions.

My heart was rapidly beating as i looked at the face of the intruder as i now recognized it as James. Letting out a breathe as i slowly lowered my knife.

"What the hell James, don't do that you nearly gave me a heart attack" i said as I placed my knife back into its holster while my other hand test upon my chest over my beating heart.

As i looked up at james, to my surprise he was looking up at me with a slight smile on his face. There was a calming silence between the two of us. The only sound that could be heard was the waves crashing besides us and the muffled sounds of the happy soldiers.

"umm would you like to join me" I asked , not knowing what to do.

" it would be my pleasure" James responded politely. We both turned around towards the ocean, simultaneously we both leaned against the rails. There was once again a calm but pleasant silence between us.

Suddenly a cold wind blew hitting us.
The cold wind caused a shiver to shake through my spine as goosebumps began to form upon the exposed skin on my arms.

I wrapped my arms around my self to give myself some sense of warmth, while I rubbed the palm of my hands up and down the goosebumps on my arms to create some warmth.

As I continued to look out at the water , I felt a warmth wrapped around my body. I looked over at my shoulder and to my shock James had placed his previously worn coat over my shoulders.

i looked over at James in shock, even though he was wearing a tight fitting long sleeve top that framed his muscular body perfectly. I knew that with the cold winds he should be feeling very cold.

"no james I cant , your gonna get cold" I tried to protest as I tried to take his coat off but I was cut off by James making sure the coat was still covering me.

"Its alright Tyler , I don't get cold easily, but I can see your cold"

I was at a lost for worlds , all I could do was nod as a smile made its way upon my face. As I looked up at him I noticed he was watching me with a small smile.

Enjoying each others company we stood next to each other as we looked out at the water.

"Did you notice the weapons they brought in " I said in thought out loud.

"maybe incase we encounter something dangerous"

"and you belief that, I mean the hand guns I understand that part, but I still dont see the need for me otherwise. But why the heavy duty weapons like the machine guns on the frikken helicopters. It just seems a bit to heavy packed for a regular 'Mapping Expedition'." I said

" well I didn't say I agreed with it, but that was also on my mind as well. But I feel like we are lucky to have you on board. Your skills will come in handy In case we run into some trouble"

"Hopefully we don't have too" I muttered

(982)I'm so so so so sorry I've had terrible writers block and I kinda have been busy and I'm so sorry

(982)
I'm so so so so sorry I've had terrible writers block and I kinda have been busy and I'm so sorry. This chapter is more like a filler.

Thank you kizminem with the concept for this chapter.

And damn it's already 2019 also happy new year ❤️ I know it's late but better late than never. I just want to say thank you so so so so much for the support you have given me not for just this story but for my other stories as well.

Love you all so much

It's_yadisneygirl xx