(6) aftermath

Why does my head hurt
Why does my body feel so sore

All I can see is darkness, my eyelids felt like they were being held down by weights. I had this constant sharp ringing noise that felt like it was piercing my ear drums.

I tried to move any of my limbs and with a bit of difficulty I managed to move my fingers.

I then tried to open my eyes and I succeeded after many failed attempts , as I opened my eyes my vision was blurry at first but then after a few seconds the blurry vision faded over time.

And once my vision cleared up I noticed Mason was above me but she was looking over at someone else. From what I could make out ,was that she was worried. Mason then turned down to look at me and gasped in shock. After a few seconds I could see relief wash over her features.

She sighed in relief before speaking, "oh my thank goodness your awake"

"What happened" I asked as I brought my hand up to the side of my head, the source of the throbbing headache.

"Well we were attack by that giant gorilla and we crashed, at the moment the others have a few bruises and cuts but nothing to serious." Mason explained.

"Well at least I know I'm not dreaming" I joked with a slight laugh at the end which ended up making Mason smile and shake her head a bit.

Masons' once happy mood quickly changed into one that was serious, "Your one lucky girl , if it wasn't for James catching you when your safety belt broke you could have died" mason said seriously. She gave me a hand and helped me get up.

As i began putting weight upon my legs I felt a sharp pain in my side. Hissing in discomfort I instinctively placed my right palm over the area where it hurt. Mason was watching me in concern. Underneath my palm I felt a damp substance under the material, lifting my hand up and examining it. I saw my hand was covered in a crimson red substance.... my blood.

Both Masons and I's eyes widen at the situation.
"Do we have a——" I was shortly cut off by a groan leaving my lips as my side began to hurt a lot more. I placed my hand against a nearby tree and leaned against it for support while mason went to the crashed aircraft to look for a first aid kit.

I looked over and saw James searching the area with a pair of binoculars, while slivko was trying to call for help with the portable radio.

"Calling all units! Is anybody airborne? I repeat, is anybody airborne?" He yelled into the microphone, but all we could hear was static.

James then began to speak calmly , but I can see the hint of shock in his eyes as he spoke, "They're all down. Every one of them,. We are on the south side of the island. There is a river a couple of klicks from here.If we sticks to its bank,we can make it to the EXFIL site on the north shore." He informed as he walked past everyone and walked towards me but was interrupt by someone and had to swiftly turn and face them.

"And then what? All our choppers are down."

"We'll find a way to signal the ship. They'll send a search party. We just have to make it by the exit window." James spoke as he looked out at the landscape.

"I should be sitting at a desk." The man complained as he walked away. Slivko then walked up to James with panic and disbelief in his eyes .

"Wait, so are we just not gonna talk about this?"