(12) Skull Crawlers

After our 10 minute break , we headed west to where Packards man was. The trek wasn't to bad. Just a bit long and tiring.

As we walked over a slight hill , a site of absolute horror is what we would face.

We all began to slow down as we noticed what looked to be large monuments of rib bones covered in moss and other substances and what maybe looks to be hair hanging from it. Up ahead was tinted green fog that covered the true destruction.

Two large skeletons of apes that looked to be like Kong but larger

Two large skeletons of apes that looked to be like Kong but larger. And the gas lingering down there does not look safe.

"Yeah, you smell that? That's death." Hank said , emphasizing the word 'death'.

"What the hell is this place?" Someone asked in disbelief.
"This is whats left of Kong's parents." Hank replies.

"I have taken enough photos of mass graves, to recognize on" mason said in horror.
"The crash site is just on the other side of this valley" packard said as he pointed at the location with his gun.

"We'll cross through and make it to the highest point west." Packard informed

Hank shook his head in horror at the man.
"No! This place is a real no no, sir." He said as he indicated no with his finger.

"We need to be going to the north side right now." The other scientist demanded , the clear panic in his voice.

Packard just got even more irritated as he takes rudely to the scared guy.

"And you're welcome to do that, my man. By your self. I'm not leaving Jack out there. Now, Who's with me?"

I just shook my head, I couldn't take my eyes of the mass grave. No sign of life besides the green fog.

This isn't worth it

"We can make it." James said , this caught all of our attentions as we looked at him in shock , like he grew another head.

"We mighty right , we can make it. Now stay sharp keep an eye out." Packard commanded as he began walking down towards our death.

"I've only been here 28 years. What do I know?" Hank said , he was clearly annoyed at the decision.

I walked towards Hank so we were side by side. "Do you think we can make it?" I asked
"No" he replied .

Leaving only silence between us as we walked down the hill. As we get closer , visibility became harder due to the fog. I could feel the texture beneath my feet change from even ,soft green grass to very rocky bone covered ground.

This must be where those skull crawlers eat ,and the bones we are stepping on must be their victims.

As we walked I saw large rib cages and bones of larger animals to small bones and skulls of humans.