(9) fixer upper

Hank lead us outside and began walking towards the water. He was explaining how he and his friend were trying to escape by boat. That they had to make it out of parts of their army war fighter jets.

James and I were walking behind him. I accidentally staggered a bit when walking. Causing my arm to brush up against his.

Goosebumps crawled up my skin as soon as it made contact with Jame's arm. James looked sharply at me as he flinched back. I was about to apologize when James just smiled and carried on walking. I noticed that Hank had stopped, so we did as well.

"There she is." Hank said as he looked proudly at the work he and his friend had done.

" Hank said as he looked proudly at the work he and his friend had done

"Well that's lovely." James said sarcastically , the hope slipping away from him a little.
"Damn right." Hank replied taking James comment as a compliment.

We hoped onto the "boat" and were observing it.

"Does this thing even float?" Slivko asked as I looked at the hull integrity. It didn't look that strong as I see a few drops of water sneaking in from the sides of the base.

"Me and Gunpei spent six years of our lives to buliding this thing. It is called the Great Fox. And she floats." Hank said with an annoyed tone slipping into his voice. He walked along the sides and into the "boat" and began admiring an engine as he caresses it gently like a man would do to something he loves.

"I pulled the engine parts from my P-51...His old Zero.On a B-29 on the beach one day out or something." Hank said in excitement.

"You gotta be kidding me. This machine is made out of pure tetanus." The scientist said as he looked at the contraption in horror.

Hank walked over to us and leaned up against the side.
"I know she isn't pretty to look at...but it's nothing a couple of extra hands can't fix. Unless you got a better idea, I suggest we get craking." Hank said with determination

"Alright." James and I agreed.
James climbed into the centre while Slivko and I remained on the sides. I jumped off of the boat and walked up to Mason who was taking out some new film to put into her camera.

"Hey do you wanna help out, with the plane, boat thing " I asked.
"Not right now, I want to take some photographs first to document this, so I have proof for when we get out" she said as she clicked her camera case closed with the new film.

"No problem, just don't wander off okey, you can't leave me here with all this testosterone while the other girl is with Brooks doing scientific things." I joked as I began walking backwards slowly.

"Don't worry I'll be back" She jokes back as she walked off. I ran back and decided to help the guys with the engine and improving the hull integrity.

After hours of hard work , we made a lot of progress, Slivko and I are now working on the engine system for the roaters. We opened up the front and are busy connecting up wires, Trying to get it running , Every time Slivko taps the two exposed cut wires together , I hear the engine roar and then die. I was hoping that it would kick start already. My limps were sore from the events of today and my side was killing me. The adrenaline had already warn off.