(11) Reunion

After a few minutes we docked the boat near a semi shallow area. We all geared up and got off the boat. Once everyone was off, we began to make our way to the meet up point.

As we got to the meet up point , we decided to rest and wait for the others. There was a river nearby, so Hank went to fill his canteen with clean water.

Mason and I went and sat on a fallen over tree log. Mason was looking at her camera, and I was fooling around with my necklace and twirling it between my fingers.

Jeez my feet are killing me

"That flare was only 2 clicks north, They should be here soon." James said

"Unless the were eaten by something that's bigger than us." Mason said as she played around with her camera.

I heard the sounds of vegetation rustling.

Something is coming

I shot up from my spot and looked around. I'm on high alert , we can't afford to run into any more danger. I looked around and see that Hank and James were also on high alert as the sounds got louder and louder. My hand gripped my knife , just in case.

I watched the movements of the vegetation and noticed muiltple things are coming towards us, actually.... as I observed closely , I began to notice that it was the other group.

"Oh, shit" Slivko yelled out as he saw some of his friends and ran towards them.

James and I relaxed knowing nothing dangerous is coming towards us.
"Slivko!" The other group called out in happiness at seeing that their friend was alive. Slivko ran up to one and hugged them.

Rhanda walked over to brooks and shook his hand.
"I thought you were crazy.- " brooks told him
"I wish I had been.- " Rhanda said.

"What's the count?-" James asked Packard
"What you see...It is what we got." He said as he looked back at the men behind him.

"We lost one too." James said Hank came up besides me, his feet still in the river water.

"Good to see you fellas!" Hank said
"Who the hell is this?" Packard asked as he looked Hank up and down.

"Picked up a hitch hiker, during our wonderful adventure" I said with a bit of sarcasm at the end.
Packard did not look to impressed , but James and Hank tried to hide their smiles.

"Lieutenant Hank Marlow of the 45th suit sqaddron of the 15th." Hank states.

"You've been here since world war 2?" Packard asked in disbelief.

"Yes sir. I missed the parade?" Hank joked
"I'll be damned." Packard was surprised.

"Snap to lieutenant"packard saluted to Hank
And Hank saluted back.

"We're gonna get him home, sir. We follow this river...We'll make it to the boat,we'll make it to the north shore in time." James informed him.

"That sounds good. But we're not leaving yet. We still got a man out there, Conrad." Packard said.

"Wait a second. You got someone out there?" I asked in disbelief.

There is no way that this man would have survived until now , with all the dangerous things on this island. Plus those skull crawlers Hank was telling us about. We haven't even encountered those yet....... hopefully we won't.

"Chapman. He is with the Down Sea Stallion, Just west of it." Packard informed

"West? We can't go west! That's where those skull things live. We have a old saying here.'East is best, west is worst!'.That's why we say it! A little southwest...We could talk about that , but we are gonna need a lot more guns-if we're gonna go west." Hank said frantically.

Oh for gods sake , I need to keep my big mouth shut , I just jinxed it.

"Guys. I think that we should listen to Marlow. This is crazy." Mason said as she got closer to us.

"I agree , we don't know what's out there or even if your guy is alive, we are running out of time and frankly I trust Marlows judgement, he's been here for years" I said emphasizing the word years.

James was looking at me and nodded his head in thought , until Packard spoke which brought James's attention to him.

"Hey. Your job is finding lost men, right?"
Packard asked James, I could see that he was struggling and that a lot of pressure is on his shoulders.

"Okay, sir. But if we reach that position,and he is not there...We don't send out a search party.We're back here by nightfall, understood? In 24 hours, we got to be-on the other side of this island."

Mason and I let out a side of dissatisfaction, I rolled my eyes at the idea.

Packard is gonna get everybody killed , but something is off , I feel like he has a hidden motive. But what.....

"Roger that. Hear you loud and clear. You heard the man.We're moving out in 10." Packard said happily, Marlow went and shook the men's hands and said.

"It's a good group of boys.We are all gonna die together out here. Good group of boys to die with.I'll tell you that..You should not have come here." He said with a hysterical laugh.

I walked over to where Mason and I were previously sitting.
"This is a bad idea" I whispered to Mason .
She nodded and said, " I agree, we should follow Marlow, not Packard. I don't know why he has this bad vibe about him."

"Don't worry I noticed it too, something does feel right, like we walking into a trap" I said as I began twirling my necklace again.

I could hear someone approaching Mason and I.
"when do you get to tell me this is a bad idea?" James said
"This is a bad idea." I told him.

" I told him

(965)
Wow.... double update :)
Felt like updating twice today , I hope you guys like it . It is a shorter chapter . I hope you all are staying safe and don't forget to right comments and vote . I would really appreciate it.