(7) don't shoot

Its been almost an hour since we left the crash site and made our way through the unknown. Everyone was exhausted as well as a bit shaken up about the events that occurred earlier.

James took leadership and with his skills he lead us through the jungle, with a little help from me as I kept watch, to make sure we weren't in any danger of being found by a predator.

We walked in a single file line, some of us who knew how to shoot held guns for protection.
But I couldn't help the questions that nagged my brain.

"Brooks explain what the hell you haven't been telling us" I demanded as we walked.

Brooks sighed and began to explain as we walked.

"It's called the hallow earth theory , Rwanda hired me becasue I wrote a paper substantiating what most people will think is a crack pot idea. That there are these massive  underground spaces isolated from the surface world—."

"—-Passageways Rwanda believed this island might be one of those" San added

"An emergence point for what ever lives below.
Ancient species like what we just saw , I thought he was out of his mind" Brooks concluded, at this point we were walking in a large field of wheat.

Walking out the wheat field , james lead us towards the river and we began walking along the river banks. I looked over and saw these beautiful hills coming out the water , at the top of these hills was thick mist that seemed to cover the sky.

I looked over at the water and I noticed a bone like structure in the water with plants hanging off it

I looked over at the water and I noticed a bone like structure in the water with plants hanging off it. There were even birds perked upon it.

"This is Slivko, do you read? Anybody out there? We are headed north of the ex fil location, Everyone here seems way too calm right now

"This is Slivko, do you read? Anybody out there? We are headed north of the ex fil location, Everyone here seems way too calm right now. You copy?Anybody?" Slivko yelled into the radio transmitter.

"We're out of range,Slivko," James said truthfully without looking back. Slivko was disappointed after not receiving a transmission and put the mic back in his bag.

"Save it for when we get closer to the group." James instructed. Looking over at the water I noticed bubbles appearing on the surface.

They were small but noticeable if you know what your looking for. Ripples began to emerge upon the water surface. Looking up at the birds, they began to chirp before they flew away.