Chapter One

"Well fuck you!" A woman in her late thirties yelled to a man about the same age. "Honey it's not like that." The man tries to reason too late, as the woman already turned her back on him. "M-mommy?" A little girl around the age of five said, crying and clutching at her teddy bear. The woman glared at the child, like she killed her cat in front of her. "Your the reason your father screwed another girl." The woman spat and left the house, like a cool breeze. The little girl just stared at the door, helplessly. After a few minutes, she went to the room her father was in. "D-d-daddy?" The little girl said with a stutter. "Hey Moonstone. Don't worry, your mom is wrong. I love you." The father said and kissed the top of her head.

'God, stop thinking about them.' Moonstone thought to herself in the middle of a forest. She let a small flame dance in the middle of her palm. The flame flickered out and she checks the time on an old fashioned pocket watch she pulled out of her black ripped jeans. "Better g-get going..." she mutters to herself. She turns around to exit the forest only to hear a cry from what sounded like a little girl. She whips her head in the direction of the cry. She listens to the sound and slowly makes her way towards it. It was a little girl with emerald eyes, a pink bloody dress, and blood streaming down her face. Moonstone runs over to the girl. "H-Hey, are y-you lost?" She asks with the stutter that got on her nerves. Before the girl could answer, a twig snapped from behind her. She whipped around and saw a man with a blue mask with what seemed to be black oozing out from the eyes. "W-who are y-you!?" Moonstone yelled trying to hold back a stutter and failing. The masked man chuckled from behind his mask. Moonstone left out a huff, like it was a pain to deal with him. She pushed the child's face against her side to hide her face before her hand is engulfed in flames. "Leave, n-now." Moonstone said with an ice cold expression. The man flinches slightly before tilting his head to think. After thinking for a moment, he puts his arms up to a surrender. "Relax, Sally come here." He called out to the girl. 'Sally' breaks out of Moonstone's grasp and runs over to the man with her arms open.

"Did I do good?" Sally asks as she wraps her arms around the man. "You did great." The man replies, not taking his 'eyes' off Moonstone. Her flame dies out with a flick of her wrist. "Let m-me asks again, w-who a-are you?" Moonstone asks again, calm and menacing. He doesn't answer. "Sally, can you get Slender for me?" He asks leaning down. She gives a cheerful nod and skips deeper in the forest. "S-so can I l-leave?" Moonshine asks unimpressed. "I'm Jack, Eyeless Jack. You?" He says a few moments later, only answering one of her many questions. "M-Moonstone..." she replies, relaxing a bit. "I'm going to be blunt, I was sent to kill you." He says scratching the back of his neck. She doesn't even bat an eyelash, just shrugs. "I h-had many try, n-never s-successful." She says unimpressed. "Who?" He asks tilting his head to the other side. "People who found out about this." She says as she throws a fireball at him. Inches from Jack's face, it dies in a puff of ashes and smoke. "Have you ever-" "killed someone? Yes I have." Moonstone cuts him off before he could finish.

~flashback~
"Hey Moonstone. Don't worry, your mom is wrong. I love you." The father said and kissed the top of her head. The little girls face turned red with anger. "B-but y-your lying!" The girl yells, her entire body turning to flames. Her father pushes her into a curtain, which turns into flames. The fire spread quickly, until the entire house was in flames and she was running away.