Volunteering Your Life Away

"Hey Charlie I know I don't have any windows but I left my rims dirty just for you!"  Logan hears Llesynia teasingly say with a smile at the gas station where he, Dick and two of their buddies stopped for gas and snacks the black homeless Marine he had just offered a "job" to chuckles as he takes the 20 dollar bill from Syn and replies jokingly "aww thanks Miss Syn that was awfully kind of you!"  Syn says as she passes by the man and heads into the little shop to get her own snacks  "that's me I'm a swell gal!.... and what have I told you about callin me "Miss" sir?!.... oh and by the way don't listen to him he's a fool of a Took!"  Syn says as she points over at Logan and Charlie chuckles shaking his head and he sees Logan turn his head and watch his friend head inside with his mouth gaped halfway open with LOVE in his eyes mixed with a hidden sadness "I'm gonna be nice just this once and not tell her what you just tried to make me do!"  he tells Logan then he walks over to Syn's Harley and gets to work on her rims he could have sworn he saw a look of grateful relief in the rich boys eyes as Logan nods at him then drives away.... nothing exciting was happening at school just the student body elections.... Syn sat next to Duncan in newspaper class as they listened to the "vote for me" speeches that were being given over the school news  and they hear Aaron Echolls voice say from within the t.v. "Duncan Kane a natural leader"  Syn looks over at Duncan as he says shocked he was even hearing much less seeing the "ad" "what?"  and she asks softly "did you even get a "vote" in this?!"  he shakes his head and a small smile threatens to slide up the corner of his lips at her use of the word "vote" as t.v. ad Aaron continues  "two time All League Soccer editor of the Neptune Navigator three point nine two four grade point average National Honour Society National Merit semi-finalist.... and all around, righteous dude"  Syn lets out a short soft chuckle and Duncan looks at her with wide eyes "sorry!.... I'm just imagining Logan's dad trying to "act cool".."  she tells him and he chuckles as t.v. add Aaron says "hi I'm Aaron Echolls and I've known Duncan Kane for a long time he's the real deal Duncan Kane for student body President"  the t.v. ad fades out and Logan says as people clap their hands and clap Duncan's.... who was none to happy about ANY of this.... shoulders "that's my dad! all right!"  Logan notices Syn roll her eyes at him and the smile he once had on his face disappears "alright class that's the last of the five candidates"  Ms. Dent says and Madison walks in holding the ballot paper that tells which bubble to color in for a vote "good luck Duncan"  she says with a fake sweet smile on her face before she leaves "mark the letter of the corresponding candidate only one bubble will be counted if none of the candidates receive a majority, the top two will be entered in a runoff election" Ms. Dent says and Duncan stands up and says "please, whatever you do, just don't vote for me"  and Logan says "did you hear that folks? and he's humble to boot God! this guy"  Syn looks over at Veronica who was sitting across from her and asks in a whispered voice "so what do you think I should do this year Ronica skull or roses?!"  Veronica chuckles softly "snakes it is!"  Syn says and Veronica's laughter grows as Syn starts filling in the little bubbles and turning the ballet into a drawing of a snake everyone knows that Syn never votes she just makes a picture out of the bubble ballet.... without coloring in the voted bubbles A through E.... and to everyone's surprise she has yet to get in trouble for it since "the right to vote is a choice and she chooses not to vote" and she "decorates" each ballot "out of boredom"....

 and to everyone's surprise she has yet to get in trouble for it since "the right to vote is a choice and she chooses not to vote" and she "decorates" each ballot "out of boredom"