c h a p t e r o n e

✧

- t h e h o o d i e -

| k i m o r a & m a t h i e u |

✧

"You can keep it."

That's all Kimora needed to hear for her to believe her ex-boyfriend, Thomas, still cares. He treated his favourite hoodie with so much love and care, so now that it's Kimora's to keep, she's making sure to keep it close.

"Why are you wearing that?"

"Wearing what?"

"His hoodie"

Kimora sits silently on her bed as she plays with her sticky fingers. A slight coating covers her hands from the ice cream she's been eating as if it were a proper meal.

"It's comfortable." Kimora replies with a shrug.

Mathieu rolls his eyes at his best friend who is currently sitting in bed, blankets wrapped around her, ice cream stains on her hoodie, and cheeks stained with tears.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks, as if I didn't know that already." Kimora states, her voice cracking in just the slightest at the end.

Mathieu and the team were on a road trip in Toronto when he first heard Thomas had broken up with Kimora. Right when the game ended, Mathieu got on the next flight back to Tampa to make a surprise visit to Kimora's apartment.

"Come on, get up. You need to change." Mathieu says as he makes his way from the door frame of Kimora's room and towards her window.

"What are you even doing here? You're supposed to be in Canada." Kimora groans as Mathieu slides the curtains open.

"Kahlani and Keyla told me how you've been mopping around in your room for the whole time I was on my roadie. So as you're best friend, I'm here to help you out of here." Mathieu states, turning back towards his friend.