c h a p t e r t h r e e

✧

- t h e t e x t -

| k i m o r a   &   m a t h i e u |

3:08 am.

Kimora stares down at her phone wondering if she should send the text.

What if he's not awake? What if he leaves me on read? What if he thinks I'm needy?

The questions continue on and on in Kimora's head, a whole argument pushing her then pulling her back from sending the text.

Kimora has been typing up sentences, then quickly erasing them without pressing send for hours now.

She can make up her mind.

Squinting her eyes due to the darkness of her room and the brightness of her phone, Kimora can barely see what she's typing. But even with partial vision, Kimora is determined to type up a message.

Hey Thomas, can we meet up? I really miss you.

Shaking her head no, Kimora moves to erase the text. Sadly, instead of pressing the delete button, Kimora hits send.

"Fuck" Kimora groans, throwing her phone across the room.

Kimora instantly shoves her face into her pillows, regretting her decision to even think about sending a text.

Kimora's head begins to throb at the sudden headache beating at her temples. Letting out a sigh, Kimora slowly begins to close her eyes, hoping a good nights sleep will throw away the mistakes she's made.

A loud knock on her front door is what wakes Kimora up from her deep slumber.

"Fuuucckkk" Kimora groans as she rolls out of bed.

The knocking only continues as Kimora rises to her feet. Walking towards the front door, Kimora tries to rub the sleep from her eyes desperately trying to wake up.

When finally at the door, Kimora swings it open to reveal Mathieu.

"Mat, it's too fucking early."

"It's two in he afternoon."

"Exactly."

Kimora flops down on her couch as Mathieu shuts the front door behind him.

"Wanna explain to me why I got a text from you stating, Hey Thomas, can we meet up? I really miss you, at three in the morning?" Mathieu asks crossing his arms over his chest.

Kimora spring sup from the couch at the news.

"Wait, I sent that to you!" Kimora exclaims.

"Yes, yes you did." Mathieu says with a laugh.

"Thank God!" Kimora groans, falling back onto the couch.

"You can't be sending those texts to him like that, you need to get over him." Mathieu says, dropping himself on the couch at Kimora's feet.

"I know, I know. I just, cant stop thinking about him, we were together for a year." Kimora says, her voice cracking in just the slightest.

"And we've been friends for even longer than that. So stop thinking about him, he's not worth your damn tears or time anymore." Mathieu states.

"But-"

"No, fuck Thomas. Fuck everything about him. Fuck his hoodie, fuck his ring, and fuck his texts. Remember that shit? He was so cringy, texting you with all of those emojis, yuck." Mathieu says, earning a laugh from Kimora.

"Yeah, they were really cringy." Kimora says, letting out a few more laughs.

"Now that's what I miss hearing." Mathieu says, grabbing a hold of Kimora's legs and pulling her closer to him, where her legs are draped over his legs and her head is resting on his shoulder.

"Thomas was an idiot to let something like you go, you hear me?" Mathieu says wrapping an arm around Kimora's shoulders.

"Yeah"

"Good"

And little did the two know, but they just initiated phase two, anger.