c h a p t e r s e v e n

✧

- t h e s m i l e -

| k i m o r a & m a t h i e u |

| k i m o r a  &  m a t h i e u |

"How was the roadie?" Kimora asks Mathieu as the two eat their ice cream. The ice cream parlour they currently sit in is filled to the brim with people, varying from kids to grandparents, leaving Kimora and Mathieu huddled into one of the smallest booth in the place.

"Meh, it was okay. How was your shoot?" Mathieu replies as he takes a large bite of his rocky road ice cream

"It was actually fun this time! I got to play my music while they took photos, oh! And I got a lot of Nike shit, I think I got you a pair of shoes, they're back at my place if you want them." Kimora replies as she digs into her birthday cake ice cream.

"Hell yeah! Why are we even still here, let's get the fuck out of here, I can barely breath." Mathieu groans just as a kid kicks the back of his chair.

Kimora lets out a small laugh as Mathieu struggles to get out of his seat as a group of kids crowd behind his seat. With ease, Kimora steps out of her seat and continues to laugh as she watches Mathieu's struggle to get out of the seat.

Then after just a few minutes, Mathieu finally got out of his seat after the mother of the kids called out for them.

"Oh my God, I need to get out of here, I think I'm sweating." Mathieu pants out, rubbing the back of his hand over his forehead as if his seat was dripping down his face.

"Okay whatever drama queen, let's get going." Kimora replies with an eye roll as she slips her way through the crowd, leaving a big gap between hear and Mathieu.

Stepping out into the sun, Kimora stops in front of the parlour to wait for Mathieu to make his way out.

"Hey Ma-" Kimora begins to call out with a smile, but is cut short by a breath taking smile

His pearly white teeth are surrounded by plump pink lips. The large dimple on his left cheek is showcased for all the world to see, and the small scar under his chin is peeking out just a bit by the way his face is being lifted. His smile was able to stop anyone in their spot, at some point it was able to not only stop Kimora, but it was able to stop her whole world.

But now, Thomas' smile can only bring anger to Kimora's mind.

Just across the street, Thomas is radiating with joy and confidence as him and his best friends Asher and Robbie joke around as they walk the opposite way from Kimora.

Not even sparing her a glance.

Without her even noticing, her hand has already crushed the ice cream cone in her hand, the ice cream melting away onto her hand.

"Yo, what's going on?" Mathieu asks as he makes is way towards Kimora, placing a hand on the small of her back.

"Thomas is what's going on! It's been only two weeks and he's already happy?!" Kimora stresses out as she slams what's left of her ice cream onto the floor.

"What? Just calm-"

"How can I calm down?! I mean look at me! I'm a mess compared to him! He looks like he's having the time of his life while I'm here, still missing him, and getting angry over that fact that my ex-boyfriend is happier without me." Kimora states, her voice crumbling after every word she takes.

"You are no-"

"Yes I am! Mat, I am a mess! I can't do this anymore, I need him back! I miss him so much." Kimora says finally breaking down into Mathieu's arms.

"Kim, you're not a mess, okay? And who cares if he's happy, what matters is that you're happy. So that's what you'll be, you don't need Thomas to be happy. All you need is your friends by your side and that's it, okay? It's me and you right now, just me and you." Mathieu says as he rubs circles on Kimora's back as she cries into his chest.

"But I need hi-"

"No you don't Kim. Thomas is just an asshole that took you for granted, and we are not going to give him another shot at hurting you again." Mathieu says with the tone of his voice signalling the end of the conversation.

"You need to forget him, please Kim." Mathieu says, his voice much softer than earlier.

"I can't"

"Yes you can Kim. If you can't forget about him for your own good, then forget about him for mine. I can't stand seeing you like this." Mathieu says in desperation.

Kimora just stays silent as she listens to Mathieu's calming voice.

"You're my girl Kim, I need to see you be happy again for me to be happy."

With all the strength Kimora had left in her, she lifted her head up to face Mathieu's facing right back down at her. Then with tear stained cheeks, Kimora shines a smile as bright as she could make it back up to Mathieu.

And just as Thomas' smile once stopped Kimora's world, Kimora's smile had stopped Mathieu's for the first time ever.