c h a p t e r s i x

✧

- t h e p i c t u r e f r a m e -

| k i m o r a & m a t h i e u |

| k i m o r a   &   m a t h i e u |

"Hey, loser"

"Good morning to you too"

"Is that Kimora?" Anthony Cirelli calls out from behind Mathieu.

"No, no it's not." Mathieu panics through the phone.

Kimora just laughs along as she places her laptop on her kitchen counter.

"Hey, Cirelli" Kimora calls out, gaining a shocked expression from Mathieu.

"Ki-"

"Hey Kim, how you doing?" Anthony asks after snatching Mathieu's phone out of his hand.

"I'm doing just fine Cirelli, how are you?" Kimora asks with a laugh as she spots Mathieu rolling his eyes in the background.

"I'm not doing so good actually" Anthony replies, making Kimora scrunch her eyebrows.

"And why's that?"

"Because I haven't taken you out on a date yet" Anthony jokes, causing Kimora to burst into laughter.

"In your dreams Cirelli" Kimora replies through a laugh

"As always" Anthony states with a wink just as Mathieu snatches his phone back.

"Alright, that's enough" Mathieu replies with an eye roll.

Ever since Mathieu took Kimora to one of his team dinners, the guys have been teasing him about Kimora. From telling Mathieu that he needs to grow some balls and ask out Kimora, to jokingly hitting on her in front of his face, Mathieu's teammates have done it all to get under his skin.

"Awe come on Mat, he's just playing." Kimora says as her laughter dies down.

"Whatever, all the guys are secretly hormonal teenagers at heart." Mathieu says with a laugh as he moves away from his team.

"Are you at the airport?" Kimora asks, squinting her eyes to try and map out the background.

"Yeah, we're on our way to Toronto right now" Mathieu answers.

"Can you do me a favour and give Auston Mathews my number? Tell him I'm a model." Kimora jokes causing Mathieu to crack a smile.

"You've only been single for what, one week, and you're already looking for a man?" Mathieu says with an eye roll.

"Hey, you're the one to talk, I swear you can't stay single for one minute. Remember when you broke up with Daisy, and then the next day got together with Tina?" Kimora states.

"Hey, for your information I've been single for the past two weeks." Mathieu says dusting off his shoulders.

"You're lying, that's impossible for you!" Kimora says as she jumps up and down.

"It's the truth, how do you think I've been spending so much time with your ugly ass?" Mathieu questions as he laughs at Kimora's shocked expression.

"Take that back" Kimora challenges, pointing a finger towards her camera.

"Nope" Mathieu says with a toothy grin.

"You know what? I'm done talking to you, goodbye!" Kimora says, but gets stopped by Mathieu.

"Wait wait wait! I take it back, you're beautiful Kim" Mathieu says with a smile.

"Thank you, I already knew that though." Kimora says flipping her curly hair over her shoulder.

Mathieu just shakes his head at his best friend before noticing something in the background.

"Hey, what's hanging on your wall back there?" Mathieu asks as he squints at the camera.

"What, where?" Kimora asks as she picks up her lap top and faces it towards where Mathieu was looking.

"Look, right there beside the light switch." Mathieu asks.

"Uh hold on, I'll get it." Kimora says as she places her laptop back on the counter and makes her way over to the picture frame on the wall.

Mathieu watches with curiosity at the picture frame he has never noticed before.

"Kim?" Mathieu calls out as he watches as Kimora picks up the frame and just stares at it, not moving an inch.

"Yo Kim, you good?" Mathieu calls out once more which causes Kimora to make her way towards her laptop again, not taking her eyes off the frame for one second.

"Uh yeah I'm good, It's just a- it's um-"

Mathieu doesn't even need to hear the rest to be able to know whats in the frame.

"Kim listen to me, this is what you're going to do. You're going to take the picture out of the frame and rip it to shreds, okay? Did you hear me?" Mathieu asks.

"I'm already a step ahead of you." Kimora replies as she opens the backing of the frame and rips the picture out of the frame.

"That's my girl" Mathieu cheers as Kimora rips up the picture into the smallest fragments.

"Okay, that's it. What the fuck do I even put in this frame now?" Kimora asks as she tosses the remains of the picture into the garbage.

There was then a short pause before Mathieu spoke up.

"I know the perfect picture."

Kimora is all smiles as she stares at her new frame that is now hanging over her desk.

The picture inside is a picture from when Kimora and Mathieu were both sixteen. Kimora's bright smile is showcased for everyone as she sits on the shoulders of Mathieu. Mathieu mimics Kimora's smile with his own as he effortlessly holds Kimora on his shoulders.

"Is that new?" Keyla asks as she strolls into Kimora's room.

Kimora's smile then spreads from ear to ear at Keyla's question.

"Uh, no actually. I've had it for all my life."