c h a p t e r n i n e

✧

- t h e   a w a k e n i n g -

| k i m o r a   &   k e y l a   &   k a h l a n i |

"I guess we're back at stage one, huh?"

"Guess so." Keyla replies to Kahlani as they stand at the doorway to Kimora's bedroom.

Laying in a heap of blankets with a tear stained pillow clutched in her arms is Kimora. It's just hours after Mathieu left, and Kimora had to call in some reinforcements, a.k.a Keyla and Kahlani.

"He just left me. He left so easily, not even a second glance, he just left." Kimora mumbles out.

"Awe sweetie, Thomas was an asshole who-"

"No, not Thomas. Mathieu left me guys, he left."

Keyla and Kahlani both shared shocked expressions before making their way over to Kimora's sides and slipping in under the covers.

"What happened?" Kahlani asks as she leans her head back on Kimora's bedpost.

"I-I uh wanted to go over to Thomas' house, just to talk."

"Stupid move, but go on." Keyla says, earning a glare from Kahlani.

"Then when I got to the door Mathieu stopped me from leaving the house." Kimora continued.

"As he should." Keyla inputs.

"And then he started talking about, like, how he thought I knew better than going back to someone who hurt me. But then, I don't know what happened to me, but I just yelled back at him how he's a man whore and how I shouldn't be taking advice from him." Kimora says completing her thought, causing her best friends to take in a sharp breath of air.

"That was a low blow Kim..." Kahlani replies and Keyla nods in agreement.

"I know it was, fuck. Then he went on to say that all he ever wanted to do was make me happy, and basically that I don't care about him, and that I should be with someone like him. Like, what does that even mean?" Kimora groans out before shoving her face back into her pillow.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it." Kahlani says, causing Keyla to look at her with wide eyes.

"Lani, I don't think it's our place to say it." Keyla says with pleading eyes.

"What is it?" Kimora questions.

"Kahlani-"

"I don't care anymore Keyla, I'm saying it. Kim, I hid my deepest feelings so well that I forgot where I placed them. I don't want that happening to you, or Mathieu for that matter." Kahlani starts.

"What are you trying to say?" Kim asks impatiently.

"Kim, Mathieu is practically in love with you."

Kimora just lets out a snort before letting out a few laughs.

"Okay guys, bad joke. What is it really?" Kim asks, shaking her head.

"That was it, Mathieu is in love with you." Keyla replies, solidifying the thought.

Kimora then goes stiff as everything becomes a bit more clear to her.

"Wait, did he say that?" Kim asks her friends.

"Well not exactly, but he's been implying it, and you've kinda responded to his every movement." Kahlani explains.

"Wha-how?" Kim asks.

"Well for starters, he's been by your side longer than we have and more often than we have. He lets you have, not borrow, but have his hoodies. Mathieu bought you a nice ass ring, and God you even hung up a picture of you and him together rather than the one of Thomas and you. That can basically translate to you saying you love him more than Thomas." Keyla explains.

"But you guys would do that for me, just like any other best friend." Kimora counters.

"But anything Mathieu does for you has a double meaning. Just think about all the things he's done for you, and then you'll see what we're talking about." Kahlani replies.

Kimora then pauses to think about what her friends are saying.

Mathieu gave Kimora his hoodie saying that Thomas' was dirty, but truthfully he always hated seeing her in Thomas' clothes, that's why he'd placed a stash of his hoodies into her dresser. The ring Mathieu got Kimora wasn't just to get over Thomas, but to show her that Mathieu can provide for her too. It showed that he can do better than Thomas' fake ring he got Kimora.

There was too many times where Mathieu's intentions were different from what Kim saw them to be. Looking back at it now, Mathieu might actually have been in love with her.

"But, why did he date all those girls and have too many one night stands to count?" Kimora asks with a face of disgust.

"Well, he stopped all that shit when you and Thomas ended. How do you think he was able to hangout with you so much?" Keyla adds with a small laugh.

"Oh my God, you guys are right, I'm hopeless." Kimora groans, causing Kahlani to rub Kimora's back.

"Fuck, I messed up with Mathieu guys, we ended before we even started." Kimora groans out once more before plunging her face into her pillow.

"Yeah, you kinda did." Keyla replies, earning a slap to the head from Kahlani.

"What do I do now?" Kimora asks.

"You take a break from boys. Today is a girls night." Kahlani replies as she wraps her arm around Kimora's shoulders and Keyla does the same.

"We brought some wine and we're about to UberEats some pasta, you down?" Keyla questions, causing a small grin to escape from Kimora's lips.

"Of course."