c h a p t e r e i g h t

✧

- t h e f i g h t -

| k i m o r a & m a t h i e u |

| k i m o r a   &   m a t h i e u |

"You don't need him."

"I do"

"You don't"

Kimora sighs and nods her head yes in agreement, making Mathieu believe Kim has finally given up.

"You're right"

Mathieu lets out a sigh of relief at his friend's change in view.

"See Kim, you're starting to-"

"I don't need him, but he needs me! I'm going over to his place, he needs to see me." Kimora says as she scrambles out of bed.

"Wha- Kim! Get back here!" Mathieu yells as he jumps up from the other side of the bed and races for Kim.

"I've changed Mat! I'm a better person, he'll love me again!" Kimora declares on her way to the door.

At the front of the door, Kim already slipped on her shoes and opened the door just the slightest before Mathieu caught up to her and slammed the door shut. Sliding in between the door and Kim, Mathieu stands his ground with arms crossed over his chest.

"What's wrong with you Kim! I thought we're over this!" Mathieu exclaims.

"Mat, you don't understan-"

"Yeah, I really don't Kim! Why are you trying to get back with someone who hurt you so damn bad?!" Mathieu questions with anger.

Kimora just stays silent, staring down at her toes.

"You are stronger than this Kim! For fucks sake, everything about that relationship was shit! From the hoodie to Thomas' little sister, you hate everything about him!" Mathieu begins to argue.

"No I don't!" Kimora snaps back, causing Mathieu to chuckle in disbelief.

"Yeah you do! You can't even step foot into the cafe where you and Thomas meet without rolling your eyes and ranting to me over texts. You've found your way into my stash of hoodies rather than his, my God you're wearing the ring I got you rather than his." Mathieu tells Kim, taking a step forward as she takes one back.

"I love him Mat!" Kimora can only form out.

Mathieu just scoffs and lets out a small laugh.

"I thought you were better than this."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kimora questions, hands on her hips.

"I thought you knew better then to go back to people who don't deserve you."

"But he doe-"

"For fucks sake, he didn't even give you a reason to why you guys broke up! Kim, he doesn't deserve you. He has done nothing but hurt you, over and over again! How many times have I had to tell you?"

"Oh, like you don't know any better?!" Kimora argues back, anger beginning to fill her.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mathieu questions.

"You're a piece of shit Mat, you really are. I can't believe you're the one telling me all this shit about Thomas hurting me when you hurt so many girls yourself!"

Mathieu takes a large step back as if Kimora's words had created a disease around her.

"Wha-"

"Oh come on Mat! You've had so many one night stands and so many one week girlfriends, you have practically broken the hearts of all the women in Tampa! God, I can't believe I've been taking relationship advice from the one guy that can't keep a relationship for longer than a week!" Kimora scoffs, shaking her head in disbelief.

"You better stop before you say something you're really gonna regret." Mathieu says trying to hold his composure.

"Like what, huh? Like you're the biggest man whore in the Tampa area? Or that you're so full of yourself and that you think you're some type of God? Or that-"

"All I have ever done for you is be by your damn side! I was by your side way before Thomas was in the picture and I've been by your side even after he broke your heart. But still, you side with someone who has hurt you rather than the guy who's made it his living to make you happy again!" Mathieu yells, his arms moving around with his every word.

"I have done everything in my power to try and make you happy. I bought you a ring, I've got you food, I've spent every ounce of my time with you thinking that this is my chance. This is my chance to show you what you really deserve! You deserve a guy who cares, who spends every fucking moment with you, a guy who will make you smile even on your worst days." Mathieu begins, the anger from Kimora's face begins to fade as Mathieu goes on.

"You deserve me Kim, a guy that will make you happy. But now, I don't think you deserve anyone right now. You're acting like such a dumb ass right now, talking about how much you miss that Thomas fucker."

"Mat, what are you say-"

"No, just stop, please. I need to get out of here, I need to get away from you for a while." Mathieu says, turning his back away from the now teary eyed Kim.

"Fine, leave and never talk to me again!" Kim shouts as Mathieu slips on his shoes and opens the front door.

"Don't worry, I wont."

Then without hesitation, Mathieu was out the door before Kimora could even grab him.

She wasn't even close to stopping him.