c h a p t e r f i v e

- t h e c a f e -

| k i m o r a & k a h l a n i & k e y l a |

Kimora stands outside her local cafe glaring up at the bright open sign above the door. The white and green lights illuminate the dark street, giving the feeling of a fairytale as cars zoom by.

But what Kimora is feeling is anything but a fairytale, it's more like a nightmare. The Bean is a cafe Kimora is all too familiar with. After all, the cafe is where Kimora first met Thomas.

When she was just kicking off her modelling career, Kimora had to work at the cafe in order to keep up with her rent. One day, Thomas walked into the cafe along with one of his friends. Automatically, he started to flirt with Kimora as she made his drink. And before Kimora could think her actions out, she already handed Thomas his cup of coffee with her number written on the paper cup.

Oh how she wishes she could take it back.

"You gonna head inside or are you just gonna glare at the sign?" Keyla questions her friend from behind.

"Keyla, let her go in at her time! You know this is where she first men you know who." Kahlani says as she makes her way onto the other side of Kimora.

Keyla only rolls her eyes in response.

"Guys, I'm fine. Let's just go inside." Kimora replies, stepping forward.

"You sure, we can go to a different place to eat." Kahlani asks.

"No, we are eating here and that's final. Kimora is a big girl now, Thomas was just a small bump in the road that she drove the fuck over, right Kim?" Keyla says as she swings the front door open.