Correlian Stand-Off

Phasma is officially over it, Hux gets more frustrating, and Kylo is finally starting to catch on to the underhanded world of politics. Rey is starting to worry.

(Also we meet Phasma's adorable gf)

-
Phasma had set her alarm to get up earlier than usual, and her mind instantly flooded with dread upon waking. She wanted to get this favor for Hux out of the way not just to get it over with, but because she was genuinely concerned for him. The anxiety he was wallowing in over this 'relationship' (she rolled her eyes at the thought) with the mercenary had to stop. It wasn't anything official, but Hux saying he even so much as enjoyed anyone's company without being sarcastic was tantamount to a declaration of love on the spot. She could appreciate Ichara's fondness for violence and felt she was actually capable of keeping the General safe; however, she was wasn't entirely sure that the General was safe from her. Kylo Ren's sudden interest in the woman aroused suspicion. Although Hux was fond of her, Phasma wouldn't hesitate to kick her out of an airlock.

Her girlfriend rolled over in the bed they shared as the alarm kept beeping."It's so early, babe, I thought inspections weren't for two more days." she mumbled sleepily.

"I have to fix something for Hux. He pissed off his girlfriend being himself... which is understandable." Phasma grumbled as she threw the covers back and started getting dressed.

Mara rolled up onto her elbows, smirking through the haze of sleep. A wavy waterfall of auburn hair spilled over her shoulders, and hazel eyes sparkled over freckled cheeks. She was like the soft breeze of a gentle summer- something not found on Pernassos, Phasma's home planet. She was rare and sweet, and the only thing Phasma enjoyed other than her job.

"Wait, are you telling me he has more emotions than smug or pissed off? I can't imagine" she laughed. "So they are actually... you know. I've had people bugging me to ask you, but..."

"You know I can't speak on any of that. It's... ugh. I don't know that he even knows what it is. He's being a complete ass about the whole situation. Kylo Ren has interfered the past two days and I need to get this over with before it escalates. I really don't get paid enough."

She rolled onto her back and grunted in disgust "Oof. Ren. So glad he never has any business in engineering- he needs someone to tell him off one good time, the amount of time my men spend repairing his tantrums is ridiculous. He's such a cunt. "

"Unfortunately he's a necessary one- apparently the only reason he's still alive is to keep the financial backing from someone in the Outer Rim."

Mara wiggled out from under the covers and hopped to her feet, running over to her grumpy, shiny girlfriend. "Ah-ah, no helmet yet." She stood up on her tip toes and kissed her, wrapping her arms around her neck. Phasma picked her up as if she were weightless and carried her back over to the bed.

"Sorry to get you up so early, Mar, but at least Hux is going to owe me a huge favor after it's all done." she threw her on the bed and Mara laughed as she bounced onto the covers. Her relentlessly cheery attitude would be insufferable from anyone else but on her Phasma found it endearing.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep. Don't kill anyone if you don't have to!" she called after her.

Phasma sighed as her helmet hissed into place. She was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but there would be no hesitation should the situation turn.
-

Ichara was rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she answered the comm at her door. When it opened to reveal Phasma she assumed the worst and her heart jumped in her throat. "Is everything alright? What happened?"