"She was the Moon"

Ichara gets to meet General Organa

Kylo and Rey finally see each other in the flesh

Rey's force bond situation gets outed to her friends

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Everything that happened next was a blur, but in the center of the the chaos was one pinprick of calm in the middle of it all-
The killer, the general and her fleet.

Hux lept to his feet when she burst into his office, looking all the part of someone who had gone mad.
"I found the Resistance- they're on Balamin. I have a plan, and I need you to trust me more than you ever have, Hux."

He rushed around his desk to take her hands in his, eyes gleaming. "Tell me everything, beast."

After over an hour with the General, she returned to her quarters, adding the elaborate blue plates to her mercenary armor that Ruxinn had her wear; even her security detail had to be excessively gilded. Once sufficiently done up, she met Phasma at the armory. Finally, she was ready to tell Kylo Ren.

He was almost done cleaning up the mess from earlier when she appeared behind him- shoulder plates of elite guard armor emblazoned with the First Order logo affixed over deep blue plates with silver filigree over the matte black mercenary gear, her helmet under her arm.

"I have a present for you, Kylo Ren."

His hand slowly moved to his saber, unsure of what was going on. "And what would that be?"

"I found the Resistance. They're on Balamin. It'll be nightfall by the time we get there if we leave now."

He narrowed his eyes. "How?"

"Look-" the flower had fallen from Rey's hair and stayed behind, crumpled on the floor admist the items scattered across the floor. "It's a Farisi Orchid, they only grow on Balamin, off the Commenor Run. We can start there on your scavenger hunt." she laughed at her own joke, still a little twitchy from the amphetamines earlier, and sky high on the moment.

He could sense the excitement coming off her in waves. She wasn't lying.

Everything else fell away, the entirety of his focus locked onto their new mission. He said nothing and ran past her, rushing to get dressed. His hands trembled as he pulled his boots on. This is it. This is finally it. I'll have her.

She leant against the door frame to his bedroom, smirking as he frantically put himself together. "Do you want me to alert Hux that we're-"

"No!" he shouted without meaning to, taking a breath and calming before continuing. "No, he doesn't need to know. This stays between us for the moment. He'll know when he needs to know. And Ichara... your armor..."

"I'm not taking any chances. The blue plate is songsteel from my cousin, and I needed new shoulder guards anyways."

They paused by the doors in his quarters. "Are you ready, Supreme Leader?"

No.

"Yes. It's time to deal with this once and for all. We'll formulate a plan on the way."

He tapped a comm button calling down to the hangar "Ready the Command Shuttle, I need to leave now."

"It's ready sir, your apprentice ordered it done about an hour ago."

He looked to Ichara, smug grin across her face. "You ought to be more appreciative of me, you know."