Advanced Falling

Rey could barely sleep, stressed by the anticipation of hearing from him. She was afraid he might find her first, and at such a crucial moment freaking Poe all the way out was not something that could be afforded. There was too much going on that he just wouldn't understand... and she couldn't even begin to explain it to him. She knew he was doing the best he could to be responsible and fill the void left by General Organa, but damnit if he didn't pick the most inopportune time to be up her backside.

It was about 0500 when Kylo's anger woke her, flaring like a hot coal that had caught a draft. She rushed down the hallway and back to the closet, not caring if she woke Poe or not. When she appeared Kylo's eyes snapped open; the sharpness had returned to his gaze.

Rey put her hands on her hips matter of factly, "You have nowhere to go now, Ben Solo. Will you finally come with me?"

He wet his lips and swallowed before replying, as if he was thinking it over. "Yes." His voice was hoarse and a little unsteady, but there was no mistaking the resentment in his tone.

"Go to the same clearing you met me at on Balamin. The um, the Resistance isn't there, but I'll be there." It wasn't a lie as much as it was a half-truth, which made it easier to tell. In his state it slipped past him.

"I'm still weak. Open the door and kill the guards outside. I'll likely die, but I'll try to find you." His only chance of escape was getting to his ship as quickly as he could. In poor planning the cells were incredibly close to the hangar, one of the things that eased Rey's escape the first time he found her.

"Stars Ben, I won't kill them, but I'll try to knock them out." She opened the door and the guards jumped with surprise, fumbling for their blasters. She held her hands out and shouted "Sleep!" as if the words would help guide the force. They stood for a split second before crumpling to the ground. The clatter of armor on metal brought two guards from the security station down the hall. Rey dipped back into the cell, unnoticed.

Mechanical pops echoed in the tiny room as Kylo forced all the restraints open. His hand went instinctively to his saber, but of course it wasn't there. He wanted to hunt it down there was no time and he was in no shape for a fight. Getting to the hangar in of itself was going to be difficult enough. Knowing Ichara he was sure she'd already had it mounted like a trophy.

His joints ached and fatigue clung to his bones- the sedation was a far cry from actual rest and he was exhausted. With a sigh he nodded to Rey, "I'll see you on Balamin."

"Ben... be careful." She faded out, leaving him on his own. Kylo should have felt gratitude, gratefulness, anything in that moment other than indignation and resentment. It was common knowledge that the General hated him and coveted the position of Supreme Leader, but he never thought the man had the spine for it; it seemed his treacherous apprentice was just the backbone Hux needed. He felt like a failure for not seeing it sooner, and could hear the echoes of Snoke's criticisms when he realized Rey saved his life.

The doors to the utility closet opened just as she came back to- Rey was busted.

"Unbelievable. Un-freaking believable, Rey."

"Shut up, Poe, I did it! You want to set a trap for the Supreme Leader of the First Order? Because I just did!"

Poe put three fingers on each side of his temple, as if he were attempting to physically reboot his brain. "Oh my god Rey, what? Just... I don't follow."

"They turned on Kylo Ren- the apprentice and Hux. He's got nowhere to go except to me."

He grabbed her shoulders "Rey what the hell are you talking about?! Tell me you didn't do anything stupid!"