"Are Flowers Appropriate?"

I might have posted this prematurely bc I was just so excited :)

Ichara is getting a little unhinged, especially after meeting Rey :P

Chapter Text

The General's projection was posed in front of a banner with the First Order symbol, Phasma on the right of him and an elite guard on the left.

"In an act of absurdly underhanded treachery, the Resistance orchestrated an attack during what was supposed to be a pleasant evening, as Canto Bight is a well known neutral territory. Instead, we were ambushed by over thirty Rebel fighters, who gave neither thought nor care to who they could have struck down in the hail of fire. The Supreme Leader's Apprentice was badly injured by a bolt to the stomach in a heroic act to save the life of her General, my life, but is expected to make a full recovery. The Baroness Ruxinn Orgida admitted to her part in contacting the rebel scum and assisting in the orchestration of this cowardly act. Let it be known that the punishment for treason is death, and regarding the two-faced baroness justice was swift and brutal; as it shall be to all who dare stand against the First Order!"

"Cantonica has long remained a neutral planet, and this blatant disregard for our traditions and laws will not go without punishment. Any members of the rebellion will be arrested on sight, and are barred from doing business while on our soil or in our airspace. The-"

Leia turned off the projector mid way through Senator Borun's reply and shook her head "Well that's the end of that."
-

Ichara's body had still cried out for rest, and after showering her cousin's blood away she crawled under the covers and slept like she was dead, too. She woke late in the morning to a message from Hux with a video clip of his speech attached.
--
Your General thanks you for your service.
--
Ichara smiled lazily at Hux's appearance on the screen.

'Her General', stars I love that phrase.

He was positively rabid when he gave his speeches, something she found enrapturing. She was still stationed on Bakura when he destroyed the Hosnian system- the Starkiller speech was the first time she'd taken note of him, and the instant attraction was undeniable. Waking in such a good mood, she expected meditation to be fairly pleasant, but Kylo's statements replayed in her head and it quickly ruined her sunny disposition.

I'm so disappointed in you
You are to blame for your injury, then
You will obey me
I told you to call me Kylo when we're alone
Wearing that mercenary trash again

She opened her eyes to look at her armor, boxed in a corner. If I was wearing that, the bolt would have hardly done anything.

The only reason she didn't was because Kylo would have had a fit. In her mind he was truly the center of all her misery. Though it seemed he 'forgave' her in his own strange way yesterday she couldn't let it go. She dressed in her robes and snatched up the helmet he so despised. She was putting her foot down, and he'd just have to deal with it. There'd at least be a decent fight out of it, and after the thrill of finally killing her cousin she felt empowered, ready to take on whatever stood in her way.

Hell, I might just go ahead and kill him too.

She flipped the hood of the robe over her polished helmet and flew through the hallways, getting more and more excited with every step.

For the first time since she'd been on board there was some clarity to her overall goals. There was a brief amount of time where started to care for Kylo and understand how he'd become what he is, but it passed like a shadow in the night. The kindness she'd shown him was thrown back in her face almost daily anyways, not to mention the compassion she'd felt growing for him only served to cause her anxiety, as if she were failing herself.