Midst Wolfs

Ichara proves her loyalty to Hux, Kylo gets put on the spot about Rey, and Hux just generally enjoys giving people a bad time.

----------

A collective sigh of relief was heard across the Resistance bridge when Hux & Ichara reappeared into view.

Rey's eyes locked back onto the black robed figure beside the General. "I can feel her!" everyone was silent, their attention fixed on Rey. "She's worried."

Leia tapped the comm, "If you're in position, do it now, we don't have time to wait."
-

Hux frowned, his hand moving to hover over his blaster. "What do you mean?"

"The guards at the doors, they're gone... and something... I don't know I just feel it. Stay with me, I'm going to skim the room." She closed her eyes, their thoughts the same typical greed and manipulation. Suddenly, something different emerged at the edge of her consciousness-she could see herself and the General through someone else's eyes. Someone above them, adjusting the sight on a rifle.

Ichara shrugged her heavy robe off and grabbed her saber in one fluid motion, spinning to the right to deflect a blaster bolt. Guests screamed and fell to the floor, their own personal security details rushing to cover them. She clawed out her hand and ripped a plainclothes fighter from the balcony, landing in a heap on the floor. More popped up on the other two balconies, one of them skimming Hux's shoulder with a bolt, burning him through his coat. She snarled like an animal as she yanked the man from the balcony, forcibly smashing him onto the tile below. More came to the railings, and she deflected the bolts back the best she could, using her left hand to force others to the side.
-

"She's amazing" Rey whispered, mesmerized by the fire fight. It was in poor taste, but Rey was excited to see another force user- after all, she hadn't met many. She was lowered into her fighting stance, saber a crimson blur as it returned fire. She couldn't make out the woman's face before the camera feed was cut by one of Hux's shots taking the soldier out. The feed worked long enough to show him tumbling over the edge, the sickening sound of bones crunching upon landing.

Poe wrapped his arm around Leia's shoulders as she put a hand to her mouth, staring down at the now blank projector screen.
"Hey, they're still going. We don't know that it's over yet."

The sounds of blaster fire mingled with screams still played over the speakers.

-
Hux pulled his blaster and was firing over her left shoulder, picking them off with expert precision despite his injury. The Baroness was shouting over a comm link and her own guards finally rushed into the room, unleashing a barrage up at the rebel fighters. As quickly as it started, it was done. She spun around and grabbed Hux, examining the burn on his shoulder.

"Stars, are you alright? Hold on." she held her hand over his wound to force heal it, but focus was difficult. She was trembling from the adrenaline rushing through her. Protecting Hux was different than the work she was accustomed to- she never had a personal affinity for any of her clients, and found herself slightly shaken.

He pulled back, irritated. "I'm fine. What in the hell was that?!"

"Ru had something to do with this. I'm going to kill her." The pair stalked over to the Baroness who was already rushing over to them as the remaining guests ran for the door.

"I'm so glad you're alright! I'm so-hck!" She choked her cousin and dragged her over to them with the force.

"You set this up. You knew this was going to happen!"