Chrome Angels

It was nightfall when they arrived. Rain was pouring down in sheets and thunder shook the ship as it descended through the clouds. Ichara was still as a statue at the doors, the only thing moving were her fingers as she opened and closed them into fists.

Where are you?

Kylo was pulled out of his troubled sleep by the whisper through his mind- he could feel her, and she was near. In one smooth motion he rose to his feet and blew up the control panel with a flourish, bringing down the forcefield. The time for playing prisoner was over. The two guards posted outside crumpled to the ground, their necks snapped before they could react to what was happening. The pounding in his head had subsided, replaced with the heavy rhythm of his heartbeat as he stalked the halls. He came across more Resistance fighters as he rounded a corner and they fumbled to retrieve their blasters, in shock at the dark force user bearing down on them.

"The First Order is coming, I can feel my apprentice. If you want to live you need to go now." He said it not so much out of concern, but that the fleeing Resistance would provide a half decent cover for him.

They pointed their weapons at him, glancing to their compatriots nervously, unsure of what to do. "How can we believe anything you say?"

"Don't then. It doesn't matter to me." They went flying into the walls as he ran past them. Unsure of where to go, he followed the pull of her presence, skidding out into the rain on one of the higher landing pads generally used for maintenance. He looked down at the command shuttle landing beside the Falcon on the main pad below, its slick black angles stabbing into the night sky.

Rey hadn't been able to sleep and was wandering the woods, fighting the urge to go down and talk to him. When the rain started falling she didn't even care, feeling it was the perfect accent to her grumpy mood. Rain was nonexistent on Jakku and she enjoyed sound of the pitter patter on the leaves, the feeling of cool drops sprinkling on her skin. It managed to cheer her up a bit; she was hurt by his demeanor, and part of her wondered if bringing him here was really the right decision. As the alarms started to blare she was truly starting to believe it wasn't.

She pushed through the underbrush as she raced back to the base. Her heart sunk at the sight of the First Order ship- perhaps it was all an elaborate ruse after all. Luckily the larger bay doors were down, leaving only a narrow passageway for stormtroopers trying to enter the base. Though few resistance soldiers had stayed behind, the narrow opening would at least make it difficult to overtake them. She could feel Kylo's presence and ran up the stairs to the maintenance pad, stopping just short of the light to stay hidden- he was standing at the bay doors for the upper landing strip.

"Ben!" she called out, barely loud enough for him to hear.

He didn't look over, walking to the railing to watch Ichara stroll into sight. "It's her. This is my fight, stay out of it."
-

It was just a skeleton crew left to meet them, the remaining rebels scrambling out of their cots to get ready for battle. At the noise the night shift fighters rushed out, all aiming their weapons at the ramp of the shuttle in anticipation. It opened with a hiss, and as soon as Ichara's boots were visible coming down the ramp they opened fire. She flicked them away at first, but once she reached the end of the ramp she held both hands out, the bolts freezing in mid air in a glittering semi circle. Stormtroopers marched down behind her, some kneeling at her side and other standing behind them in formation, blasters drawn. Hux and Phasma strode out behind her, calling out orders. She shoved her hands forward and the bolts returned at once in a sparkling rush, soldiers falling out from their own fire.

She ignited his saber and held it high, her voice vaulting through the rain as she screamed for her nemesis. "Where are you hiding, Kylo Ren?!"