𝟐𝟕 ❀˚. Operation Take Back our Designer! ₊˚.༄

Italic words are either thoughts, flashbacks or spoken in Spanish

"You'll have to excuse me for my earlier blunder," Picking up the cup of tea that Agustin had brought into the meeting room, Elena smiled sweetly at the hosts that all gathered around the table. "You see, Miki, as you know her, her birth name is Mira Luz Fernández. However, if Miki is the name she prefers to be called, I'll do my best to change this habit."

"You said you've been watching Miki-senpai before she was sent away..." Hikaru muttered.

"...why is that?" Kaoru asked.

"What do you mean why?" Elena blinked as she took a small sip of her herbal tea. "I'm her aunt, and I care for her, it's that simple." She smiled.

"Then why would you want to send her off to be married?" Hikaru accused. "That's just cruel!"

"Hikaru!" Haruhi hushed, trying to ease her friend who was clearly riled up.

Hearing the boy's accusation, Elena's eyes turned solemn. "I never wanted to." She confessed quietly as she stared into her orange drink. "I never agreed to this plan to establish our financial stability." She spoke a little louder this time as she placed her cup down. "When Mir-Miki was born, my sister, Elisa, under the orders of my parents, was never once allowed to touch or even see her. " Letting out a sigh, she leaned back as her hazel eyes darted up to the ceiling. "And Miki, she cried very often, to the point where even the maids couldn't handle her tantrums. Of course, she would be distressed though; a newborn needed a mother's love more than anything after all." Eyes turning soft, Elena continued. "The child hasn't done anything wrong, yet she had to repent for the mistakes her parents have committed. So in place of, I visited her occasionally, to at least provide some family warmth." Realizing something, her eyes lit up for a moment before darting her eyes up. "Please do not think ill of Elisa," She desperately corrected. "She's had a... rough time. Being the elder one, she was forced into an arranged marriage with Yuzuru-san." Letting out a sigh, she looked down once again as she recalled the day Elisa got married. "They were joined together only due to political reasons, lacking in chemistry and passion. It was an unfaithful relationship, Elisa had a string of lovers while Yuzuru-san had his own. However, both sides of the family pressured for an heir. The Suoh family wanted to ensure the survival of their name and bloodline while my parents... well..." Elena averted her eyes as she pressed a hand against her chest. "They... They wanted an heir in order to trap the Suohs' into a union with us for years to come." She admitted sorrowfully with furrowed brows. Letting out another sigh, she leaned back in her chair. "Though in the end, they couldn't even use Miki to fulfill that purpose due to the divorce and being born later than the mistress's son. This lead to her being branded as a complete failure by my father and sent away to Japan."