━━━ Valentine's Short ₊˚.༄

Short Story #1: Miki and Reiko's Sleepover!

It was the weekend before Valentine's day, and to Miki's surprise, Reiko came to her with the proposal of a sleepover at the Kanazuki house to help with the preparations of 'the rituals for Valentine's Day.' Despite Tamaki's desperate pleas and protests, Miki still felt that she couldn't turn down such a sincere request from her best friend. So after multiple promises to text him about her status, Miki showed up at the Kanazuki mansion on a Sunday evening. 

"Reiko-chan... Is this your room?" Miki's eyes wandered around the dimly lit, late Transylvanian style bedroom, unsure of where to look. 

"Yes," Reiko affirmed. "This is my bedroom."

Compared to the rest of her house, Reiko's bedroom resembled the bedroom of Dracula's daughter, if he ever had one. Lit candlelights were flickering on top of a fireplace, casting strange shadows into the mirrors and walls. Book littered the shelves that encased her room — creaking at every step someone took, making them feel as if the books could suddenly burst to life and fly off the shelves themselves. Above their heads, the chandelier swung, making rustic scratches at an eerie rhythm, almost as if it were playing a song of its own. Her bed itself was carved into the wall, extending inward like a protective cave above her head and hidden behind a sheer layer of grey curtains. However, what was on her bed was the most questionable of all. 

"Why do you have a coffin on your bed?" She asked. 

"That is my chamber of slumber," Reiko replied without a change in tone or voice. "What's wrong?" She questioned. 

There was a small moment of silence before Miki shook her head. "It's nothing." She blinked a few times, eyeing the coffin for an unnecessarily long time. She had been under the impression that coffins were where dead people slept; at least that was what Crime? Crime Drama ♥ and Arden had taught her. 

I guess they were wrong. 

"Is it comfortable?" The blonde then asked as she lowered her overnight bag onto the carpeted grounds of Reiko's room. 

"Very." The raven-haired girl affirmed.