𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉

Two years ago, I was rewatching Ouran High School Host Club and the idea of Tamaki having a sister began to manifest within my mind. She was initially designed to be his blood sister, just a wild fantasy of mine about another girl joining the Host Club on their wild and wacky adventures. I had written up the first few paragraphs of the first chapter, but then I decided to abandon the project as the idea of 'Host Club siblings having a secret sibling' seemed to be over-used and widely hated upon in the community. And so, for another year, that story continued to sit in my drafts, untouched and waiting. 

It wasn't until I had met one of my best friends, that I had decided to pick up this story once again. You see, he has never watched OHSHC despite having a love for rom-com animes. So in my effort to convince him to watch the series, I had decided to rewatch the series alongside him. This was when this story finally began to take its shape within my mind. 

One of the most interesting things about the Bisco Hatori's characters is how they can mask their emotional baggage with their shticks. It is, in fact, a psychological coping mechanism that I studied briefly in summer school last year. It was then I decided that I wanted to create a similar character that would fit reasonably into this world. One that, like the rest of the host club, had their own set of troubles and problems but continues to strive forward while masking their insecurities and woes. I noticed that the sarcastic and badass OCs tended to be overdone in this community, so I decided to make her a little change of pace. I wanted her to be a loveable idiot, capable of hitting the comedic beats alongside the silly host club and even sprinkle in more of her own. 

I'll be honest, mere moments before posting the first chapter of this story; I was still very hesitant about whether or not I should. In fact, I still am. I've read so many posts and rants about people trashing the 'sibling cliche', so much so that I was afraid that I'd end up on the blacklist of stories. But it was some encouraging words from my mother that gave me the courage to hit that upload button. 

Writing this today feels so surreal to me. Because I never imagined that my silly story, one that I was once so apprehensive about posting a little less than a year ago, would garner such a passionate fanbase. Those that actively leave me such encouraging comments and questions, ones that had made me smile even at the lowest times and that carried me through even the most difficult times in my life. Especially a few of you, in particular, you know who you are ♥️ . 

Many of you have asked me about what's next? What am I going to write after this story has concluded? Well, there are many things that I've wanted to do regarding writing. I want to continue writing fanfiction, but at the same time, I also really want to begin pumping out my original series. So decided that I would try to handle both, on top of college applications this year. Wish me luck~ These last few chapters, in particular, have been a little difficult to pump out for these reasons. I've been busy with school as well as setting up these two new series. If you have any theories on what they may be, feel free to take a guess ♥️. And hey, if you're interested, I really hope you do stick around to see what I'll be writing next!

Despite moving on to work my new series', Miki's story isn't entirely over just yet. There are still epilogues I want to tell, as well as a side story and an alternate bad ending depicting what would happen if Miki remained trapped forever. But those would take a little while as I'd like to focus on stabilizing and creating my new series first. 

I really want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart, for supporting this series in the past year. It has been an experience I will surely never forget, seeing as it had shaped and altered my life in more ways I could've ever imagined. And I hope that you would continue to follow support me in my upcoming projects.

Until next time, have a wonderful day!

XOXO,

Astra