5. Subtle Stiles

05 // Subtle Stiles.

W r e n

I wanted to scream.

I wanted to break glass with an ugly, high pitched scream. I was slowly losing my mind, and I knew if I took a step further, I'd be falling off the edge. Everything was just getting too hard. I was a freshman, and I shouldn't be dealing with these things. Visions of the future should not be in my daily routine, and the supernatural should not exist.

I knew I needed to tell Scott soon, before the game, and before Garrett and Violet involve me in anything else. Really, it was stupid on their part. Why would they include me at all? I know they're keeping something else, but I'm not too sure I want to even find out.

Scott McCall; 1:04

Need your help. Get to the locker rooms quick! It's for Liam, Wren.

"Speak of the devil," I mumbled to no one in particular, heading in the directions of the boys' locker rooms. I don't understand why, whenever they need my help, it has to be in the boys' locker room, of all places! Couldn't they choose somewhere a little more, I don't know, hygienic?

I was alarmed once I reached the end of the hallway, hearing the sound of running water and something else that could only be the supernatural. A werewolf's growl.

Pushing the door open and rushing inside, my breath hitched in my throat as I saw Liam. Well, sort of Liam. Are they really their self when they're like that? All fangs and glowing eyes, and just scary looking.

Our eyes connected for a moment, but I looked away quickly when I saw Stiles and Scott trying to hold him down. I dropped my bag, and walked over to them, not really knowing how to help, "Liam?"

He calmed himself down then, his eyes shifting back into that normal cute eye colours, and his teeth back into normal size. "Okay, okay."

Scott leaned into me, whispering so no one else could hear, "I'll explain later."

Liam eyed me weirdly, sliding down the tiled wall, soaking wet.

"That car you smashed, I thought you said that was your teacher's?" Scott questioned Liam. Well, clearly Liam and I have a few things to catch up on.

"It was also my coach, he'd benched me for the entire season."

"Scott, I really have to tell y--" I was cut off, annoyingly, by Scott, who ignored me.

"What did you do?"

"I got a couple red cards," Liam said, shrugging.

"A couple?" I questioned, as Stiles gave him a disbelieving look.

"You gotta be honest with us," Scott crouched down, while I just crossed my arms.

"Hey, Scott, this is really, sort of, incredibly urgen--" and again, I was cut off. Why was I even still here? Oh yeah, because of three words that are starting to bug me. I'll explain later.

What the flapping heck is that supposed to mean?

"What else happened?" Scott questioned further, and I gave up completely on trying to tell him the really important, life-threatening news. I'll tell him at the end; it won't effect anything, because the game's not until tonight, right?

"Nothing!" Liam replied, and all of us knew he was lying. Stiles just shook his head, and Scott stared at Liam with those pitiful brown eyes.

I coughed. "Hey, Liam? You know you can tell m - us, anything, right? We're here to help."