7. The art of baking cookies.

07 // The art of baking cookies.

"Okay, I swear I brought a rope, Wren!"

"You've got to be kidding me." I muttered, with my head still pounding in pain, and the rest of my body shivering from the freezing water. I rested my head back on the cold stone, listening to Scott's heavy breaths that I could hear all the way from down here -- that is one thing that I'm really starting to loathe about my powers. Everybody who thought super hearing was cool? You're wrong, so very wrong.

"Just-just hang on a sec, okay?" I heard him rustle around a bit up there. Scott has been extremely secretive ever since arrived ten minutes ago -- yeah, I was left down here for three hours, but that's no big deal. It is a big deal that I've been down here without any news of Liam, whatsoever.

So, on top of my throbbing head, being freezing cold, and Scott's stupid one word answers for every question I had, Liam and worry for him was filling my mind. I had some bad scenarios already playing in my head, and if something bad seriously happened to him, I knew that it would be my fault, at least partly.

What if they couldn't get the wolfsbane out in time? If i'd acted quicker with Garrett, maybe I could've got us both out of that stupid car, or if i'd just been with Liam earlier, instead of watching Spongebob, maybe then I could've stopped Garrett altogether, or at least get Liam out of Garrett's way.

I don't even know if my vision was correct; it could've been some weird scenario my mind conjured up on it's own, nothing to do with tonight's events at all.

Just a list of would'ves, could'ves, and should'ves.

-

"Okay, grab my hand now. I'll pull you up, I swear I won't drop you," hesitantly I released my hand's tight grip on the rope, relying my left hand to support my full body weight. Reaching up, Scott grasped his hand around my arm, pulling me with ease. I was so happy once my feet touched the grass I could've almost kissed it -- but I didn't, because that would just be weird.

Once my feet were steady and I was able to stand on my own two feet, I embraced Scott in a tight hug. "What happened? Is everyone okay? Did something awful happen? What about Garrett, did he die like I saw in my vision? How's the Sheriff? And your dad?"

"Woah, slow down there Wren," Scott let out a light chuckle, which made me assume things can't have gone too terribly if he was able to laugh. "Everyone's fine, but I, uh, have a little surprise for you."

He stepped diagonally a little, and yelled, "you can come out now!"

And then out stepped Liam, looking completely healthy and not poisoned. Most importantly, there was no gaping stab wound in his chest any more.

"Oh thank God," I whispered, instantly running and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I was so flapping worried."

"I think I was more worried about you. You were down there for three freaking hours with a concussion!" He whisper-shouted, adding a light laugh at the end. I could only respond with a grin, even though he couldn't even see my face in the hug.

Awkwardly, we both sort of realised how close we were and our positioning and the fact that we were hugging overall, and stepped back in opposite directions. I scratched my neck, looking in every direction but his. Liam just stood there, a lopsided grin on his face.

"Okay, Wren time to get you updated on everything," Scott clasped his hands together, ushering us both in the direction of Stiles' jeep (how Scott convinced him to borrow it, I have no clue).

"Yeah, it was all pretty flipping eventful."

"It's flapping, Liam, flapping."

-