15. break too quickly.

15. Break too quickly.

I was in Mexico.

Mexico. Trapped in a cell beside Kira, who had informed me where we were, because I had passed out the whole ride in a didn't old van. It smelt of bones and death, and I was scared. No, petrified. There was no way the pack could get to Mexico, especially without Kira and Scott. Not only that, but my dad was supposed to meet me at the game, we were retrying to work on our relationship, and with all the bumps and turns in ou relationship, I don't think it could stand another. And, I guess, a little part of me was upset that flapping Sydney was going to be at the game rooting for Liam, when I could've been.

I should've been.

If I hadn't been so stupid, I could've stopped and done so many things, and it all links back to my idiocy and that text message. And now I can't even figure out any sort of plan to help my mess. If the pack was here, if one of them was in my shoes, they'd be able to do something.

To fight back, and win.

"We're going to die. W-We're going to d--!"

"We're not going to die, Wren. It's okay, we'll get out of this. We always do," Kira attempted to reassure me. But it couldn't work, nothing could calm me down. I was only fifteen, and I would be murdered in a run-down church in Mexico! Not to mention, Kira's face was beginning to grow weaker by the minute, and I could tell she was running out of both energy, and hope.

A beserker appeared in that moment, unlocking the rusty door and marching over to where I was sat against the wall. I was weak, and however badly I wanted to scream and kick when he lifted me up effortlessly, I couldn't do anything. I just looked back at Kira with worry filled eyes.

-

"W-Where are you taking me?" I asked stupidly, because as soon as the words left my mouth I realised that Beserkers don't talk. They can't.

My hands had been tied behind my back, and every few steps I'd stumble over bones. Over all, I was living a nightmare; and that's more than suck-ish, because lately I've been getting decent amounts of sleep, everything had been in, more or less, order, but mostly, life had been close to normal.

A few twists and turns later, I was shoved into a room, seeing Scott tied down to a bench and Kate murderously looking down at him.

When she looked up, I shivered at the merciless sight. There was nothing but evil sewn into her features; cold and cruel. "Tell me, Wren. 'They ever teach you the myth of Artemis and Actaeon in school? No? I didn't think so. Well, Artemis was a goddess, and Actaeon was a hunter that happened to see Artemis bathing naked one day. This did not make the goddess too happy. In fact, she was so angry, Artemis turned Actaeon into a deer and this sent his own hounds into a frenzy. He was actually torn apart by his own hunting dogs."

"What are you doing?" Scott struggled to ask, wriggling against his right bonds. I wanted to break down at the sight of him. Scott was always the one that was strong, the one that would always be saving us. He'd have our backs, and now I was too weak to have his.

"I'm not going to turn you into a deer, Scott, but you are about to become something unrecognizable to your friends. They won't know what they're fighting; or killing." Her evil laugh echoed through the chamber as I held my breath. I've been known to be clueless at times, but I had a feeling why I was needed here.

With one glance from Kate, I struggled to get my hands free and back away from her, "I won't do it! Even if I could, I wouldn't do it for you."

Kate clicked her fingers, summoning the berserker who had been waiting outside to come in. At first, all he did was cut open the rope holding my hands behind my back, but then he grabbed my body so forcefully I wouldn't fallen over if it wasn't for his strength.

A dagger-shaped bone was digging into my neck, so painfully I felt the blood dripping from it. It was cold, almost like Kate's heart.

"Wren, I think you'll do it," I whimpered as she spoke, glancing down at Scott to see him looking at me with those puppy dog eyes of his. With a sympathetic smile, he nodded his head down ever-so-slightly, sending me a silent message.

"No, no, Scott no!" I whispered, a single year rolling down my cheek. I didn't care about the pain, the only thing I could focus on was Scott; my friend, my brother.

The dagger was pushed further into my neck, causing me to groan in pain. I didn't want to look weak, but in the end, I couldn't help it. I was still only human, and nothing - no witchcraft - could change that.

"I know that you know the spell, Wren. Think hard into your thoughts and memories, and no one has to die today. Just think of this as . . . an experiment," Kate bore all her sharp teeth at me, grinning violently. "I just want to see what you're capable of, and then if you're worthy, I'll keep you around a bit longer."

"No one gets hurt?" I asked hesitantly, not knowing whether to believe the woman or not. I had always been told not to trust the likes of her, but I was just holding onto any sort of hope that she herself had some dignity, some honour.

"No one gets hurt."

-

"Please don't do this, Kate please! Y-You promised," my voice cracked into a whisper, as Kira rounded the corner towards Scott. I was holding onto any sort of point that she'd remember her boyfriend. But she's Kira, she'll work it out, I know she will.

A gag was tied around my mouth, as Kate's laugh filled the air, as she breathed down my neck. "Didn't they ever warn you not to trust me, Wren?" Her whispers sent chills down my spine, "that's the thing these days, isn't it? All you teenagers just trust too easily and break too quickly."

And she was right, I trusted too quickly, and when she jerked the small dagger in her hand into my side and the world seemed to fade into pieces, I broke.

// wren my bby :(. also, just a reminder that she is only fifteen, the age where we all do stupid things and trust the wrong people and all that shizazzle (I'm srry I'm not even fifteen yet whoops) so please take that into account before jumping to things like "she's stupid" or "she's a baby", bc wren has been through a lot; too much. of course she's going have a lot of self-doubt, as well.
Anyway, I have a question :-) if I posted it, would you read a rant book? Or maybe even an original story?
I don't know, this could be completely stupid ha.
Oh, and p.s guess where this is being posted from? London!
So, since I'm in this bootiful place, updates will be slow :-) x
p.p.s (I'm sorry haha) but omg listening to medicine by daughter and asdfghjkl if feel like that song would fit the last scene perfectly.
did anyone actually read that or