Chapter 2

Schroeder POV:
Lunch time, my favorite part of the day besides theatre and music. The main reason I loved it today is because the loud noises distracted my thoughts, my...vivid thoughts. "Yo Schroeder! Over here dude!" I was waved over by the group of guys at our regular table. "Soooo..." Linus chuckled as I sat down. "We heard you made out my sister in the auditorium..is that true?" He smirked.   "What!? Obviously not guys! I just had to help fix her dress, that's all! I could never kiss that witch.." Charlie laughed, "sureee dude. Whatever you say.." He leaned over to kiss Heather. I sighed, standing up. "Where ya goin' dude?" Linus questioned. "Somewhere." I huffed, exiting the lunch room.

       Lucy POV:
Ever since me and the regular group of girls had a falling out, I've chosen to sit with Marcy and Patty, along with some of their other friends outside. "Hey Lucy, pack anything good today?" Patty poked my side, she always begged me for my gummies or yogurt. "No, not today, sorry Pat." She shrugged, "its cool." They all went back to talking to eachother; leaving me to admire the beautiful nature and listen to the bird songs. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom.." I lied, smiling and walking into the building. This day has just been on a bad streak; first no sleep, worrying about Linus, my dress, and....I looked up to see him heading down the hall, his face in his phone as he came straight toward me. Schroeder. I panicked, not wanting him to see me as I searched for a place to hide. My eyes frantically searched around, landing on the bathroom sign. I quickly ran in; not paying attention to the gender specifed plaque. "Phew..." I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. "I look like a total wreck.." I ran my hand over the stitch work that Schroeder did, shivering at the rememberance of his touch. "That was awful...." I shook my head, collecting myself before heading to the exit.

       Schroeder POV:
I could have sworn I heard footsteps in this hallway, but maybe I'm losing my marbles. I continued making my way to the bathroom. I approached the door, swinging it open before stepping inside. "Agh!" With a big thud, I went down; and so did someone else underneath me. "Gosh, I'm sorry man..-" I opened my eyes, seeing Lucy with her wide eyes and bright red face. It didn't register to me at first; but I was still on top of her, my hand on her waist with my other supporting my weight. "....."

          Lucy POV:
Neither of us dared to move, the shock and surprise of the situation overwhelming. His hand didn't shake; it rested firmly on my hip. Both my arms were over top of my head, the fall causing me to stumble back before. My breathing hitched, I so badly wanted out of this postion...right.? O-of course I did! "Lucy...I'm sorry..." His eyes shifted away, tears threatening to escape his baby blue pools. "Schroeder...?" I moved my hands, placing one on his cheek. "It's okay...don't worry about it..." His eyes landed back on me. He nodded, quickly standing himself up and lifting me up to my feet. "Have a good day.." He moved past me into the bathroom, the door closing behind him. Oh..schroeder..

                        ~Time Skip~

Long story short, I texted Sally all of the events of today, considering she wasn't at school today because she got the flu.

Sally: you had a huge crush on him in elementary and middle. Just go for it!

Lucy: I can't do that! He's way too good for me, plus he always rejected me back then.

Sally: that was back then, this is now! And I use to have a huge crush on your brother; I still do..but we're a couple now!

Lucy: I can't do it Sal. I won't. I need to move on from past crushes. Maybe I'll find someone new..

Sally: or maybe Schroeder will steal your heart again..

I sighed at that last text, placing my phone on the bed side table as I covered up in my blankets. "There is no way I'm letting myself like Schroeder again...ever." I sleepily promised myself this as I drifted off to sleep.