Chapter 8

Lucy POV:
I nervously trembled as Nick stepped closer to me, he rested his hands on my hips and drew me closer. "Wait!" A voice yelled from the class. "For heavens sake, what is it Schroeder!?" Everyone rested their gaze upon him, why did he stop us? "I um..I just think this should be a special scene! Like, a ONE time thing.." He emphasized one while shooting daggers at Nick. By now, his hands were off my hips and he was heading back to his seat. "Schroeder, since you have decided to become a man all of a sudden, why don't YOU demonstrate the kiss scene?" I sighed and made my way off the stage, but was stopped. "With pleasure!" Schroeder surprisingly answered, making his way towards me and pulling me back on stage. He handed me a script and pointed to the lines we were reading.

                        *Script Scene*

S: Nicole, you are the love of my life..you can't possibly go with...him!

L: But I love him...and he loves me..why can't you understand that..?

S: and why can't you understand this?

Schroeder grabbed my hips, yanking me towards his chest. My face was fiery hot and red all over, was this really happening!? Sure enough, his lips planted firmly on my own, and this was no fake drama acting kiss, this felt too real. His arms snaked all the way around me, holding me gently and firmly. I never want this to end. The longer this seemed to go on, the more passionate he got. I...loved it!? "Enough!" Mrs. Rowlers voices boomed through the auditorium, causing Schroeder to pull away. I was still stuck in a daze, wondering if that was even real. "You have made your point Schroeder, now get out. Everyone! Out of my sight! Go home!" All the students piled out, with me tagging far behind. I hugged my arms tightly, remembering his touch and telling myself it was just an act. I looked up to see him, he was getting his bag from his locker. "S-schroeder!" I ran up to him, he huffed almost as if he were annoyed...like back in elementary. "I just wanted to say-" he put his hand up,"let me stop you there Luce.." He sighed,"what happened in there...meant nothing." My heart felt a pang of hurt at his words. He quickly turned, going to the exit. "Hey!" I have to save myself from this heartbreak and humiliation. I grabbed his arm and whipped him around.

    Schroeder POV:
She looked me dead in the eye, "what I was going to say is, I can't believe you ruined my kiss with Nick! I don't ever want you to touch me again!" With that, she shoved past me and out the main doors. All I could do was watch her leave, I was frozen. Why did what she say hurt me so damn much? I don't like her. I thought back on the kiss, how her body fit so well in my hands and how her lips were so soft and sweet...no! I shook my head, walking out of the school. Maybe I lied to her..I began walking down the street to my house. Maybe that kiss did mean something...

         "I can't believe you ruined my    kiss with Nick! I don't ever want you to touch me again!"

Her words rang in my head over and over again. That kiss meant something to me, but it didn't mean anything to her..