Chapter 3

Lucy POV:
a few weeks after the Schroeder incident, things have calmed doen dramatically..but me and him still make weird eye contact. I was just about to shut my locker when a filt two small arms wrap themsleves around me. "Lucy! Oh it's terrible!" I noticed that sweet yet annoying voice; Sally Brown. "What is it Sal?" I turned to face her, tears falling from her pink cheeks. "Heather just broke up with my brother in front of everyone!-" she stopped to steady her rapid breathing. "He was so upset, he ran out of the school doors and even yelled at me to go away!" She buried her face into my chest, her wailing started to attract attention. "D-don't worry! I'll go find him..!" I pulled her off to face her as she wiped tears away. "T-thanks Lucy.." She hugged me tightly again, running off to meet up with my brother. I signed, straightening out my coat from Sallys grasp and walking toward the door.

        Schroeder POV:
"So did you tell Lucy to go find him..?" I heard the familiar voice of Linus ponder. "Yea..she's gonna make this all better!" Sally, his girlfriend responded. They walked past me in the hallway, her sniffles evident as Linus comforted her. I cocked a brow and looked toward the entrance, there she was; walking out withno hesitation as the class bell rung."Schroeder! Let's go dude!" I sighed, following Pig-pen and the others to class.

         Lucy POV:
"Where are you blockhead!?" I yelled, getting stares from passerby. I nearly gave up when I finally saw that familiar yelloe shirt in the old baseball field. This place hadn't been used since we were in third grade; I climbed the fence nonetheless. "Charlie Brown!" I stomped toward him, he was sitting silently on the pitchers mound. "What do you want Lucy..." He groaned, refusing to look at me. I stepped closer, my arms tightly crossed. "Just what do you think you're doing out here?" I demanded. He buried his face in his knees, it was shortly followed by soft sobs. "....Charlie Brown...?" I kneeled down to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Get off!" He shoved my hand away, causing me to lose balance. "Woah!-" I was headed toward the hard dirty ground, but instead was met with two rather strong arms wrapped around me. "...sorry Lucy." I stared at Charlie Brown, his eyes full of hurt as he pulled me closer. "It's okay..." I patted his shoulder as he hugged me tightly, sobbing into my coat. "I-I just don't know w-why she did that!" As if his grip on me couldn't get any tighter; it did as he cried harder. "..you really loved her, didn't you?" He raised his head to look at me, "of course I did! More than anything.." I mentally sighed to myself, I could never see a boy crying over me like this...let alone even notice me long enough to care so much. "Heather was a lucky girl Charlie Brown, she was just too blind to see it.." He smiled warmly at me, resting his head on my chest. "Lucy...why don't you have a boyfriend..?" My breathing hitched; thats a question I wasnt expecting at all. "...um..well, isn't it obvious? Ha." I blushed slightly, feeling helpless. Charlie looked up at me, his arms pulling me closer. "No..not at all. You're a great friend Lucy, a good listener, a great helper..you care a lot...and-" our faces were inches apart as he stopped mid sentence; his face turned three shades of red. "You're beautiful.." I panicked, shoving him away as he stumbled back into the dirt. "Ah! What the hell!" He groaned. I quickly stood up; dusting myself off. "S-sorry Charlie! I-I just..,I-" he chuckled, managing to stand up, "it's fine Lucy, I understand I made you feel weird..and maybe that statement coming from me wasn't so...good?" He sighed with a chuckle, scratching the back of his neck. "We should get back.." He walked past me, heading for the gate. "Wait!" I grabbed his sleeve, he looked back to me. "What is it-" I quickly pecked him on the cheek, blushing madly. "I appreciate what you said Charlie Brown..." I released him, running back to school as fast as I could.

         Schroeder POV:
I sat myself silently with the boys as we all got lunch, it was a pretty decent meal day. Somehow a conversation started about all the girls and how hot we think they all are. It's not something I regulary particpate in, but I was bored. "Sally.." Pig-pen shared. The other guys mumbled amongst themselves. "Shes a cute little number, we give her a 8." They all agreed. "Marcy!" Shermy exclaimed rather loudly. "Ew...the homo? Well if she were straight I'd give her a 3!" The whole table laughed, causing people to look back once in awhile. "...Lucy..?" I looked up at this, they were all judging Lucy now. "Well she has some damn thick thighs..." I clenched my fist at this as they added more comments. "She has a pretty face, and a rocking body..but her personality.." They all looked to eachother and pondered for a moment. "She's hella sexy. 10/10!" Shermy laughed, the guys all nodding with agreement. I huffed, raising up from my chair without a word as I walked out of the lounge. Why do I care if they judge her or call her sexy? I shouldn't care at all! And I don-I bumped into a body, stopping my train of thought. "Oh!...s-sorry Schroeder.." I looked to see Lucy, she seemed upset and overwhelmed. She quickly walked past me, turning a corner and vanishing. Damn..I like to watch her walk away....NO!