Chapter 6

Lucy POV:
"Uh...." Both girls stared at me, wide eyed and cheerful. "Soooo. Will you??" Wendy begged. I was dumbfounded, at a loss for words! I couldn't say no, but I didn't wanna say yes either. "I-..." A person stepped onto the stage,"No, she won't be participating in the musical." The girls whipped around, we all faced the person. They stepped into the spotlight, "you can't forbid her from doing it Schroeder! You're not the boss!" Claire placed her hands on her hips, snapping at him. I got all red and hot suddenly, did he hear me sing? I hope not. "She has a real talent!-" Schroeder lifted his hand to shush Wendy, "I don't care. She isn't part of the drama/arts department. Therefore, she can't particpate. Let alone be the lead!" They both sighed heavily and looked to me. "Would you be willing to perform for our drama teacher? If she likes you, she'll consider you!" Wendy clapped happily, Claire nodded in agreement. I looked to them, and then back at Schroeder who had a look of defeat and frustration on his face. "I-I can't.." I couldn't make Schroeder hate me. He looked up at me in disbelief, his arms crossed. "W-why??" Claire frowned. "I'm not cut out for performing..Schroeder is right.." I gave them a weak smile, walking past them and down the stage steps. "Lucy! Please just think about it??" They both called after me. I sighed, facing the floor as I continued walking. He was right.

Schroeder POV:
both of the girls turned to me, giving me hateful looks as they shoved past me. "You're so rude Schroeder!" Wendy stated, "You just screwed us over!" Claire added. Before I knew it, I was alone in the theatre. I shouldn't have said anything. I sighed, walking to my piano and sitting down on the stool. I began to play a song, one I made myself.

"I think it's time that I be honest..shoulda told you not to go. Thought I knew just what I wanted, I didn't know myself at all. You're with somebody that I can't be , yeah~ but I can tell that you're happy. It's time for me to finally meet somebody to, take her to all the places I took us to..and she might helo me forget, but loving her..is something I could never do, because, because I had you.."

The bell rang, signaling for the day to be over with, I shut my piano and headed out. I quickly blended in with the other students as they all exited the building. I spotted Lucy, Linus and Sally all walking together, probably headed home. I hope I didn't hurt her, I need to apologize. I sighed, walking toward my own home which was in the opposite direction.

~Time Skip: Night~

Lucy POV:
"Guys..for the last time, I really can't do it. I'm not cut out for the stage." I repeated this same statement over and over again into the phone. "Please Lucy? J-just do a little verse for our drama teacher tomorrow! She'll love you!" I sighed heavily, hesitating for a moment. "It's Friday tomorrow, me and Wendy will take you out for icecream afterwards~" can't say no to that. "Okay. Fine!" I heard a scream on the other end, causing me to flinch. "See ya tomorrow." I said, ready to hang up. "Wait! Meet in the theatre during lunch tomorrow. Me, Wendy, our teacher and theentiredramaclass will be waiting. Can't wait! You'll do great!" She giggled, "wait! What was that last part!?-" she hung up on me. I sighed, hanging the phone back up. What did I just agree to!?..I hope Schroeder doesn't mind.