Chapter 4: Stranger danger

Isabella's POV:

I buried my face deeper into the softness of the duvet that I had been surrounded in. It's smell was addictive and I knew that it belonged to James.

James. He was everything I could have ever wanted in a man. He was tall, strong, protective, kind and looked amazing in a suit. I didn't think I would ever fall for someone like him. I'm simply a plain Jane and look like a potato in comparison to James. But the way James held me, the way he gazed at me made me feel as though I was the rarest gem on earth. He made me feel special and loved. It's a shame I can't remember our first date, our first kiss. Did we even consummate the marriage. My cheeks instantly redden at the thought of losing my virginity. Did he already take it? I hope not. I want to remember my first time.

I reached my arm out on the large bed patting at the mattress hoping I'd still find James beside me but I couldn't feel him. Suddenly an overwhelming feeling of sadness and loneliness overtook my body. I shot up from the place I had previously lain and sat up against the head rest rubbing my eyes harshly causing them to redden. I opened my eyes slowly and scanned the room hoping my eyes would fall upon my handsome husband, but he was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he was in the bathroom. Or perhaps he was downstairs. I glanced over at the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was 7:30pm. Goodness. I must've been tired. Maybe James was having dinner.

I jumped up out of my bed and rushed to the bathroom and hopped into the shower instantly moaning as the warm water made contact with my skin. I lathered my hair with the shampoo and conditioner that sat on the side. It was definitely James', but I'd gladly wrap myself in his scent forever. After washing the soap suds off my body I begrudgingly stepped out of the shower and rushed towards the towel rack and threw the gigantic white robe over my body. I wrapped a smaller towel around my hair and opened up the door to the bedroom and walked out leaving wet footprints behind me as I walked.

Walking out to the other door in the room I opened it and to my surprise it was a huge walk in wardrobe filled with male and female clothes. Suits, ball gown dresses, designer bags, and shoes were organised neatly on the shelves and racks. I trailed my finger over the beautiful dresses and smiled to myself as I felt the soft material brush against my fingertips. I walked further into the closet and headed towards the back and started rummaging through the numerous piles of clothes only to find-

"What the hell!"

A french maid outfit? A very short nurse outfit? Half a nun's costume? What in the world was this guy into. Did he have spare outfits for his workers perhaps. Maybe I should ask him when I see him. I slowly retreat from away from the various outfits which would not be suitable for me to wear and turn my attention to the tracksuit bottoms and large t shirts. I'm sure James wouldn't mind me wearing his clothes. My body had pretty much dried from being wrapped up in the warm towel robe. I flung the robe off my body and let it fall to the floor. I opened up one of the many drawers to find lingerie. Many different types of lingerie. Lace, silk, sports bras, thongs-

"yikes. When the hell would I wear those" I grumble to myself. Instead I opt for a comfy looking pair of knickers and a black lace bra.

How does he know my size?

Damn, I've got one very observant husband.

Throwing on the large t shirt over my head and pulling on the large jogging bottoms I stare at myself in the mirror. My hair was still damp, but I had grabbed a small hair band and wrapped it into a low bun. I wanted my hair to curl slightly. Deciding I now looked acceptable I swiftly ran out of the walk in wardrobe and proceeded towards the main door eager to find James.

Slowly peaking my head out of the door I look from left to right unsure as to where to go. Being on my own made me nervous. I wanted James. He was the only one I felt safe and secure around. I saw a few other men, but they made me nervous. I wanted to be wrapped up in James' strong hold and I didn't want him to let me go. Gulping down all my nerves I slowly leave the safety of our bedroom and creep down the hallways to find my husband.