Chapter 6: Uninvited Guest

Chase's POV:

My body collapsed onto my bed and I let out a deep sigh. I was still mad. Still angry. James had waved me out of his office without giving me a chance to respond. But it was useless. Everything I would say would be ignored by him. He said he wishes to protect her, but it's all lies. He just wants to protect their messed up relationship. His possessive ass still doesn't want to let her go after all this time. And I swear to change that. She needs to be set free and come with me.

As I walked through the corridors after that horrendous meeting I clenched my fists praying that my anger stays at bay up until I get to my room. Once that door had shut behind me. I lost it.

I kicked over the chairs, threw books, smashed a vase and swiped off everything that sat on my desk. Every emotion that I had locked away inside came exploding out of me.

God, I need to get laid.

I fell back on my bed and shut my eyes hoping this was simply a sick and twisted nightmare. And before I could fight it my eyes shut and I fell into a sleep I didn't want to wake up from.
If I didn't have Isabella in my arms, then nothing would go right for me.

My eyes fluttered open and my eyes squinted at the bright light that seeped through the curtains.

Bloody hell, is it morning already?

I grabbed my watch off the side and stared at.

10:38am. Shit.

Jumping off the bed I rush to the bathroom flinging my dirty clothes off and hop into the shower. I was supposed to be on gate watch at 11 and at this rate I would be late.

I rinse my hair and scrub my body frantically making my skin red and sting slightly. But I took no notice. I'm already on bad terms with James last night, and if I am late to duty then rest in peace Chase.

Rinsing off the soap suds I switch the shower and quickly towel dry my body whilst heading out of my bathroom and into my wardrobe. My body was still slightly damp, but I had no time to care. Grabbing the nearest ready made suit and boxers I throw my clothes on carefully ensuring there would no creases or crumples on my freshly ironed suit and once checking myself in the mirror I rushed back to the bathroom. My hair was pretty much dry, but it was an absolute mess. Reaching out for my pot of gel I scoop a small bit of gel and run it through my hair pushing all the loose strands back out of my face. After perfecting the shape of my hair I rinse my hands under the warm water eager to get rid of the sticky feeling on my fingers.

Pumping a few sprays of my after shave I grab my phone and slip it into my jacket pocket before heading to the door. Grasping the handle of the door I open it up and step outside closing it with haste and paced down the hallway whilst attempting to put my watch on.

I peered past the kitchens to see the maids scrubbing piles of plates and trays.

Damnit. I missed breakfast.

My watch clicks into place just as I reach the front door. As I pull the door open I glance up to the top of the stairs to see James running along the landing with Bella on his back. Both had huge smiles on their faces and Bella's beautiful laugh sounding around the mansion.

For fucks sake. It's as though he's flaunting her in front of me. Maybe it's time to take drastic action.

My eyes roll so far back that I had to grab onto a nearby shelf to sturdy myself.

I step out the front door and slam it not so subtly behind me. Stomping my way over to the gate I join the large group of men and switch places with the men who were on night duty relieving them from their post.