Chapter 12: Getaway

Isabella's POV:

A fresh fragrant smell stirred me out of my deep sleep and I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted with James' beautiful blue eyes and a smile that had my stomach clenching. I smiled back at James before collapsing back into the warmth of the duvet.

"I made us breakfast sweetheart" James muttered proudly before edging closer towards me.

"You did? God what did I do to deserve you" I mumbled staring up at my husband in awe.
James stood by the side of the bed staring down at me with a soft smile, but there was a hint of sadness.

"Are you alright? What's the matter?".

James' eyes suddenly widened as if my words had caught him off guard. The sadness instantly faded from his face and was replaced by a genuine smile.

"Nothing baby. Just lost in my thoughts".

James carefully placed the tray down by my side on the bed and without using his words encouraged me to sit up against the headboard. James plumped up the pillows and rested them behind me before pushing me back gently against the head of the bed.

"You must have some pretty intense thoughts to frequently get lost in them".

James let out a breathy sarcastic sounding laugh as he carefully lifted the legs of the tray up and standing it over my lap.

"You have no idea princess".

James picked up a fork that lay on the tray, I watched in awe as he cut a small piece of pancake and stabbed the fork into the middle of it before holding it up to my lips.

"You know, marriage is all about supporting one another. Tell me what's on your mind. Share your troubles and burdens" I whisper before opening my mouth and bite down on the sweet smelling piece of pancake.

James looked up from the tray slowly with the same sad smile that I had seen earlier whilst holding up the fork with a ripe looking strawberry on it. He nodded before feeding me the food on the fork.

"One day. Maybe one day".

James turned his attention back to the food on the tray and scooped some fruit onto a spoon and carefully placed a small piece of pancake on top of it and once again held it at my lips.

"James, you do know I can feed myself".

"I know, but I like doing it". James smirked at me wickedly before moving on to the plate piled with delicious fatty goodness.

I let out a deep sigh as James continued to feed me. He showed no signs of stopping as he switched in between the salty and sweet foods. James also took alternate bites of his own and indulged in the beautiful food.

We had finished eating all the food not long ago and I was completely stuffed. My cheeks heated up as I remembered how James noticed a piece of melted chocolate that had missed my mouth and dripped down my chin. I had lifted my hand up to swipe at the chocolate with the back of my hand , but James grabbed my hand midway shaking his head from left to right as he lowered it back down by my side. James lent forwards towards me and edged his face so close that I felt his breath on my lips.

What is going on?

I stared at James bewildered by his actions and questioned his intentions with my eyes.

Is he going to kiss me? Perhaps I should shut my eyes otherwise you'll look like a creep.

James continued to edge his face closer to mine and as he lent in my eyes fell shut as I waited for his lips to clamp down onto mine. But instead of being met with his lips, I felt a wet sensation on my chin. My eyes flew open and looked down at James who had gripped the back of my neck and was now licking the chocolate off my chin.