Chapter 17: Family photo

James's POV:

"Damn bloody dog. Always killing the mood".

We were having a lovely bath with champagne, candles and soothing jazz music until our mischievous little boy bounded into the bath. He jumped in and out of the water knocking the candles off the side and fall onto the floor and some into the bath making us both panic and fumble around hoping the candles did not set a light anything on the floor. But to our relief, the large puddle of water on the floor put the candle wick flame out before anything to catch fire. The lovely jazz music that was playing softly in the background was now laid on the floor with the same note on repeat and unable to continue the song.

The bathroom was completely turned upside down. God help us when Milo grows bigger. He's only a damn pup yet he causes mayhem and destruction wherever he goes.

We decided to cut our bath short and take a shower together to wash the soap suds and salts off us.

We took our times scrubbing each other, desperately restraining the dirty thoughts that swarmed my head every time I moved the sponge near her most sensitive areas of her luscious body. We washed each other's hair softly, my hands clenching tightly as Isabella moaned sweetly at my touch.

She's too tempting for her own good.

As we stepped out of the shower I reached over to grab the towel for Isabella and wrapped it round her ensuring she was completely surrounded by warmth.

I reached over to grab my towel, but to my dismay I couldn't feel anything. My head whipped over to the towel rack and to my horror my towel wasn't there.

Scanning the floor, the cupboards I wondered if I had perhaps forgotten my towel, but the snicker from my wife told me otherwise.

I looked down at my feet to see Milo who had my towel in his mouth, his tail wagging at a deadly pace and was leaning down slightly on his front two legs as if he was ready to run.

"Milo, give me back my towel".

Milo innocently but mischievously titled his head to one side with the towel still in his mouth.

"Give it back, now" I muttered sternly showing him that this was no game. I was naked and cold and wanted my towel.

Milo took a few steps forward towards me and I slowly reached my arm out to grab the towel. But just as I was inches away from it, Milo bolted out the door with my towel.

"Get back here Milo".

I ran after Milo carefully, watching where I trod as there were candles and puddles everywhere. I bounded out the door whipping my head from left to right hoping Milo was stood in the hallway waiting to taunt me. But he was long gone.

Suddenly a warmth surrounded my body from behind. A warm towel and a pair of arms wrapped firmly around my waist making me forget about the coldness and the dumb dog.

"Here. Share my towel" Isabella softly whispered making goosebumps erupted all over my skin.

I instantly turned around and embraced my beautiful wife pulling her naked form into my chest and ensuring the towel covered us both. But with the heat of Isabella's skin against mine, the towel wasn't really that necessary.

We stood there in the middle of the destroyed bathroom, quiet and still. Neither one of us uttered a word, for there was no need. We just held one another, reveling in one another's touch. A touch from Isabella could soothe my tired and weary heart. Her smooth skin brought peace to my insanity. For little did she know, my heart was weary and disheartened. For days I had an overwhelming feeling of something bad soon happening. Every night as I tried to sleep, thoughts of the past played in my mind like a broken record. All the things I did to Isabella, all the lies and even how we are now. It will all catch up with me, no matter how hard I try. I know that one day this perfect reality will come crumbling down. For now, I must cherish it. I must protect her from the darkness her past memories hold. I don't want her to remember me for the monster I was.