Chapter 35: Moving on

Isabella's POV:

7 months later

"Anything else I can get you ma'am?"

I smiled at the friendly looking elderly woman who stared at me expectantly waiting for my answer.

"Erm, no thank you".

"Okay, that'll be £6:45 altogether".

I handed the kind lady a £10 note and tapped my foot anxiously on the floor as the lady rummaged through the till hurrying to gather the correct change.

"And here's your change". The little old lady handed me back the correct change before gesturing me off to the corner to collect my drinks and food.

"Order for Isabella" A man suddenly yelled aloud making me jump as I put the change away with haste. I awkwardly put my hand up signalling that that was me and headed towards the man holding the tray with my order.

"Here you go sexy. Have a lovely day". He handed me my tray and smirked at me menacingly reminding me of several people in my past.

"Thanks but I hope you don't" I yanked my tray out of his hands and instantaneously walked away from him not caring about my sassy attitude towards him.

"What's wrong with you munchkin?" Tom smiled cheekily at me.

I handed him his drink and muffin before sitting down in my comfy arm chair and taking a big bite out of my lemon drizzle cake.

"Some pervert reeking of desperation. That is all". Tom laughed and shook his head as he continued to devour his chocolate chip muffin like a ravenous beast.

"Haven't you had enough perverts in your life".

"Don't remind me Tom. But enough about me, when are you going to find a special someone?".

Tom's cheeks suddenly reddened as he stared down at his caramel cream frappucino and began to mix his spoon around in it before scooping the froth to his lips.

"I er, I have a date tonight".

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you. It's about time you found someone special". Tom took a few sips of his drink and nodded happily to himself.

"Yeah, I'm hopeful. He seems lovely. I'm just very nervous though". Tom munched away hungrily at the rest of his muffin and pouted when there was none left, but smiled as he picked up his sweet smelling drink and took a few more sips.

"Aw, I'm sure it will be fine. How could anyone resist you. I mean look at you, you're adorable".

Tom suddenly scrunched his nose up at my nickname and shook his head rapidly.

"I don't want to be seen as adorable. I want to be seen as a sex god". I shook my head at him as he clenched his jaw tightly and held up his arm in an attempt in showing off his little muscle.

"But seriously Izzy, you need to find yourself a decent man. Someone with morals and a good heart. You've had such a hard time with men".

Suddenly the cheerful atmosphere turned sad and dull taking me back to some of the darkest times in my life that I wanted nothing more than to forget. The pain was still very much there, but I could mask it and hide it easily so that no one could see. But at night when I was all alone my emotions that I had bottled inside of me would pour out like an unstoppable river.

Tears started to well up in my eyes as I remembered the way he had collapsed before me. The way he cried out at me for forgiveness. My heart ached so painfully in my chest when I remembered the way he told me that he loved me. But that man was long gone now.