Chapter 27: Redemption

Anthony's POV:

"She's acting strange, don't you think."

Chase and I watched silently from the window as Jessica sat still on the bench in the garden staring out at the birds and the flowers. It had been a couple of days since the incident at the office and neither James or Isabella had been seen. Perhaps Isabella went into hiding away from James. And perhaps James was drowning his sorrows in an underground bar. It wouldn't be long until the new plan went into action, but Jessica's reaction confused me.

"I thought splitting up their marriage would make her happy and arrogant, yet it's like she's shutdown" chase mumbled whilst walking away from the window.

"Perhaps she's just waiting for James to come crawling to her". I watched Chase as he poured himself a small glass of whiskey before collapsing himself in one of the armchairs.

"I assume she doesn't know that James is going to die by your hand?"

"Nah, the bitch is too dumb to realise that. But I think we should keep an eye on her every move. There's something not quite right".

Chase gulped down the remainder of his drink and earnestly refilled his cup.

"How we gonna do that?" Chase asked dumbly.

"Put a speaker chip in her phone. I have an unnerving feeling about her at the moment".

I turned away from Chase and stared at Jessica who looked deep in thought and stressed. But what was there to be stressed about. She's got her man. Well, not for long.

-----------------------------

Isabella's POV:

"I think we should stay in that hotel again some other time" James smirked to himself as he drove us towards the house. My cheeks reddened at what James was clearly referring to.

"That bath was certainly big enough for both of us. We managed to snuggle in nicely. Perhaps next time we could do much more than cuddle" he whispered seductively making my core clench at the memories.

"J-James focus on the road dammit". I sank further into the car seat as James chuckled to himself before accelerating down the long strip of road.

After James told me the true events of what happened in the office, we spent a long time making up for long time. No, we didn't have sex, but instead he showed me with his mouth how much he loved me. His lips spoke the softest words of love without talking. It was passionate, steamy and beautiful. He kissed parts of my body that sent me to the edge of cloud 9. His fingers were gentle, although my nails were sharp, we both left marks of ownership on one another. He showed me truly how sorry he was with the softest of kisses, the whispers of sweet nothings and held me like so tightly ensuring me I was safe from the cruelty of the world in his arms.

"We're nearly there sweetheart". The deep masculine voice of James pulled me away from the thoughts of last night and back to reality. I was nervous going back. After all I had told Lily how much of an ass James was for cheating on me and that was not the case. I felt bad, but in my defense I didn't know. Hopefully it'll all be cleared up when we get back.

"What's on your mind princess?" James grabbed my hand and brought it up to his lips planting a small kiss to the back of it.

"Nothing. Just can't wait to get back into our bed".

"Me too baby. Me too" James chuckled.

---------------------------------

James' POV:

"After you my lady". I opened up the front door and held it open for Isabella gesturing for her to enter inside. She stepped inside and I followed closely behind her.