Chapter 39: Pregnancy

Isabella's POV:

"I'm pregnant".

His face lit up as he jumped up away from Max and stumbled back against the kitchen table. His eyes glistened as a lone tear trickled down his cheek before falling on the floor.

Before I could utter a word he scooped me up and swung me around laughing loudly as he did.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! You are, we are having a child". James pulled me down and planted a loving kiss on my lips smiling widely in excitement. It was a beautiful sight.

"I'm going to be a dad" he whispered to himself as he ran his hands through his perfectly gelled hair pacing around the room frantically.

James slowly turned around and walked over to me reaching out and pulling me towards him. James cupped my face and stared down at me intensely.

"What's wrong? Are you not happy?" James' face suddenly saddened seeing my emotionless blank expressions.

"I am, I'm over the moon, it's just I didn't expect it to happen so quickly".

James smiled at me whilst stroking my face softly making my heart race and cheeks flare up.

"I understand angel. But maybe this is the final piece we needed. You've got me and we will be great parents".

He is right. I know he is. He's always right.

"We're going to be a family" I whispered and giggled at James' excitement.

James pulled away from me, but not without kissing me first. He lowered himself closer to the floor and lent forward to my flat stomach. James rested his hands on either side of my hips and placed a small kiss on my stomach.

"Hey little one, this is your daddy speaking. You are probably the size of a pea, but I don't care. I just want to let you know how much mummy and I already love you. You are going to complete us and I will protect you till the day I die. Now, you be nice to your mummy. Don't kick her too hard and make her cranky. She scares me when she's cranky. I love you lots my little pea".

I think my heart just melted.

James stayed on his knees and glanced up at me, his hands still resting on my hips as he placed several more kisses on my stomach.

He's going to be the best dad.

"Right. We need to get cracking". I pouted as James pulled away from me and started pacing around the kitchen.

"What?" I whispered.

"I need to pack more food. You've got two people to feed. We also need to do lots of research on what foods you can and can't eat and"-

Running over to James, my lips crashed against his effectively silencing him as he rambled on. I loved his enthusiasm but he needed to tone it down a notch. I pulled away and rubbed at the scruff on his face. He's sexier with his beard.

"What was that for?" He pouted as I interrupted his rambling with a kiss.

"Just, slow down a bit James. Let's enjoy the picnic and then tomorrow we can get an appointment with the doctor".

James let out a deep sigh before nodding and wrapping his arms around me. He rested his face in my neck and breathed in my scent.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm just so excited".

———————

Next day

"Yes, so Mrs Richardson you are in fact 3 weeks pregnant".