one

kara

  My heart was thumping loudly as I reached out carefully to stroke his beard. I had been so afraid to touch him for such a long time, afraid that maybe once I did, this would all disappear and I would wake up in my bed on Earth, where Reign and the Worldkillers were still at large and this was all some type of fantasy dream.

  Our eyes locked. Flames of longing and desire were trapped in his grey eyes. We had both been waiting for this moment for a very long time.

  Without thinking, I leaned forward quickly and kissed him for two seconds.

  "I'm sorry," I breathed. My mind raced. What if he was going to hate me for this?

  But he didn't. Instead he used his hands to cup my face and his lips came crashing down to mine. My fingers snaked their way into his dark hair and the world was spinning.

  I loved him. 

  I remember when I first realized that. It was when we were kidnapped by Cadmus and they put a bullet in him. I remember how it felt to be forced to listen to his screams. I remember panicking. I remember thinking that I would've done anything to keep him safe-- even giving my life. I knew then and there that there was a part of me that would always care about him terribly no matter what, whether I liked it or not. I remember everything clear as day.

  When we broke apart, we stood there for a long moment, foreheads touching, holding each other.

  "We should go home," he said after a while.

  "Yeah," I let out a little laugh.

  And together we walked back down the peaceful and serene path.