Part 1

Matt was, suprisingly, sitting on the floor, eyes stuck on his game consol. He made it to the check point and smirked, finding a cigarette and starting to smoke it. A good day indeed.

Mello entered the room wearing his black coat. Shades lanced over his thin blue eyes and like most of the time a bar of chocolate was held in one hand, he lifted it to his mouth and slowly took a bite causing a loud snapping sound. He grunted seeing Matt playing games again,this did not surprise him at all. He unzipped his coat and threw it off the one side to reveal his dark red leather jacket underneath. A rosary dangled over it.

"Oh hi, Mels," he mumbled, not looking up or even glancing him, since all his attention was on the screen while he started the new level as he already had finished the cigarette. His goggles were next to him. They never were far, even when he didn't use them.

The blonde rolled his eyes,seeming annoyed and walked over to him. He bent down and swiped the game console out of his hands and frowned at the screen. "Enough" he snorted and narrowed his eyes down at Matt. He had confronted Near not long ago ,the reason of why he had been gone and still felt quite irritated. The white haired boy really got on Mello's Nerves.

"Hey! I was making a new high-score!" Matt protested, like he always did when someone did like this, when Mello closed the tv-screen or something while he was playing. Then he noticed that his friend really seemed pissed off. "...but it is just a stupid game," he said then. Not wanting Mello get mad or something.

"Yeah that's right so shut it"he growled and threw the console away. It landed on the far side of the bed. "Leave it there" he warned knowing the redhead could easily get up and get it. He took another bite of his chocolate, glaring at Matt and then looked away. When he was angry he would usually get annoyed at Matt for such the slightest things like playing his games. He couldn't help it he took his anger out on Matt because he was the one Mello most cared about, in fact he was all Mello cared about.

He nodded silenty and got up, to get rid of thw cigarette. He didn't want to annoy Mello even more right now. Usually he would just shrug and smoke, but not today. "Fine, fine," he nodded, silenty sighing when he was sure Mello wouldn't notice. Matt knew that they had been friends for such a long, long while. And knew they would still be friends after years, right? But sometimes he just wished Mello wouldn't yell that much, even when he was born to be like that.

"Thank you" he said through gritted teeth and then sighed and turned away from Matt he hopped up onto to the bed and laid down on top of the covers, he propped up the pillows before doing so and leant up against it. He stared at Matt and ate some more of his chocolate. "I almost shot Near,that's how much he angered me today,sorry" he said dryly.

"Oh. I guess we're fine then," Matt nodded, knowing how muh Mello had to hate the albino boy right now. "Is there anything I can do to make you feel any better?"

Mello stared at him in silence for a few moments. For the first time since he got back he lightly smiled a sly smile and glanced away from him looking out the window. He didn't answer.