Part 3

"You look pretty tired, you know that?" The redhead said suddenly, seeming to be worried because of Mello. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah ,I think so" he replied and frowned. "No need to worry about me, I'm fine" he tried to reassure him. Mello often snapped when he was tired like most people did but he didn't see how that was any cause for concern. It was just Near that had bothered him,that's all.

Matt somehow decided to play with Mello's hair a little. He had no idea why. But he liked to touch his soft, blonde hair without any good reason.

Mello let him stroke his hair and feeling comfortable he shut his eyes and let out a soft breath. He didn't go sleep though.

His fingers were soon tangled to Mello's hair, and he let it be like that. His eyes were half closed and for some insane reason, he felt better than he had while playing video game just twenty minutes ago.

A warm smile stretched across Mello's mouth and snuggled in more. Then and there his anger seemed to have left him. His eyes remained closed.He suddenly got another idea, but was scared to do something so simple like kiss Mello's head. He couldn't do that, even when he wanted to. And it scared him as well. They were supposed to be just friends, and the whole situation would be only awkward after that.

Mello blinked open his eyes for a moment and stared around the room. He seemed lost in thought. He glanced to Matt briefly and saw his hand entwined within his golden locks. He was half asleep before so didn't really notice and now he was wide awake. A straight expression was on his face but he decided to leave it and closed his eyes again. 'Well, if he hates the idea, I can say that I wanted to see was he awake and tease him,' he thought before leaning down carefully and kissing his head softly. It was only a small, gentle kiss, but it made his heart race. Even when he didn't want to admit it, he was falling in love.

Mello stiffened a little and his eyes shot open and widened slightly. But he felt no resent towards the gesture. He was just surprised By it. He slowly turned around amd leant up slightly now facing Matt. He was still layed down though,just slightly raised. He stared deep into Matt's eyes and said nothing. Although he might not admit it,he now found himself liking what his friend had just done.

Matt started to blush silenty meeting his eyes, and looked away. "...sorry." That's all he could say in the moment. Had he ruined the whole thing?