Part 8

Mello sighed softly in his sleep,thinking happy thoughts for once. Mello wasn't particularly a happy person but Matt made him happy. The red head calmed him , cared for him ,trusted him and everything. Yes ,the often irritated blonde would always take his anger out on the gamer but they say you always take on your angry on those you love. Besides that Mello could never stay angry at him for too long.

He was breathing softly, holding him still. They haven't been sleeping next to each other since they were somewhat 7 or 8 years old and it didn't matter like that. His heart was being swept away by the blonde. But it didn't matter. It never would.

Mello found himself dreaming. He didn't dream often. In fact he almost never did. His dream was of him and Matt and they were kissing. It seemed it was all he could think about,even in his sleep.  He murmured softly in his sleep and clung on to Matt. He slept for hours.

Matt woke up before he did. He glanced at the clock. 3 am. In the middle of the night. But he wasn't sleepy anymore. The redhead caressed Mello's face and kissed his forehead, letting his lips last a little.

The dream then changed to a nightmare. It was the fire in which his parents were killed mrepeating in his head. He had caused that fire.  He often thought about it,one of the things he regretted but it couldn't be helped. He wasn't a person to be afraid of things but he didn't like this dream of course. His eyes snapped open, instantly alert. He breathed a little heavily but the first thing his eyes hit on was Matts face and then relaxed.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worriedly, as he could've seen the fear flashing on his eyes. "No, stupid question... What's wrong?" Matt held him carefully, yet tightly, scared to let go.

"Its nothing"he said quietly and his eyes averted downward for a moment. That was a lie. He sighed and then looked back up at the red head. "It's okay," he said, letting his fingers tangle to Mello's hair. "It's already over it's just a dream,not real" He knew Mello wasn't type of a person to be told things like these, but he had no idea what else he could say.

"I knew you would say something like that" he muttered rolling his eyes. He couldn't help but smile a little though as the red head entwined his fingers within his golden locks.

"No, really, I've always admired you even when I win you all the time in video games." Matt smiled and kissed his head softly.

"..You have?..I shouldn't be surprised" he grunted but smiled more as Matt kissed his head. "I swear ,its like I'm your drug or something" he added in a chuckle.

He nodded. "It really is. You are unhealthy but I can't stop," he smirked poking him. All he wanted to do was make sure the blonde was comfortable.

"Don't poke me ya twat" he giggled a bit. "It fucking tickles!" He added writhing a little and tried to pull away.

"It does?" He asked, and smiled with a way what didn't mean anything good. Without warning, he started to tickle him playfully.

Mello burst out laughing and tried to kick him away but failed. He writhed about trying to get away. "Matt!! Stop!!" He got out In between laughing.

"You're going to burn my ass if I do!" He smirked, and kept going for a while, then he stopped finally, thinking that Mello needed to breath.

Mello let out heavy breathes and stopped struggling. "Hell yeah I will" he managed to say after calming down from laughing so much.

"Not my beautiful ass," he said dramatically. "I'm too young to not use it anymore." Matt was smiling, even now.

"Better make up for it somehow then" he smirked and lay sprawled out on the bed. All the writhing had caused him to let go of the red head.