Chapter 1 - The package

(POV) IQ

As far as operations go, this one took a deadly turn real quick. My team was pinned down, and we were running out of ammo. Somehow the White mask knew we were coming and ambushed us. We tried to contact for back up, but comms were jammed. Even in this two story building, we managed to get stuck in the worst part of the house. The basement. With no way to escape and terrorist spraying bullets in our general direction, my whole team was running on adrenaline. We were called to Oregon for one reason. To secure a dangerous chemical weapon used against civilians not long ago. Six called it, "The package".

"IQ, we need an escape plan, now!" yelled Thermite.

I moved out of the way of a stray bullet as I tried to think of something. Before this operation, I made sure to memorize the layout of the building. If I wasn't mistaken, there were two sets of stairs that led to the superior level of the building. If we could get to any one of those stairs, there would be a chance that we survive today.

"I think I have a plan!" I yelled to the others over the sound of gunfire. "Montagne! Move forward! Everyone else shoot at anything that moves!"

"On it boss!" Buck yelled back.

Montagne moved forward and the rest of my team mowed down the terrorists. Soon enough, we made it to the tower stairs. The number of terrorists engaging us diminished. The sound of gunfire was replaced by silence not long after I dropped two more bodies. I looked to my right and noticed a faint light at the end of a hallway.

"Hold on guys. I think I found another exit," I said.

I didn't remember seeing an exit here on the houses blueprints.

"Are you sure it's an exit?" asked Hibana.

"There is only one way to find out," said Thermite as he approached the hallway with caution.

"Shouldn't I go first?" asked the Frenchman.

"Good idea," I motioned Montagne to move past me.

The shield operator moved cautiously in front of Thermite and checked the room that connected to the hallway. Buck, Hibana and I followed him slowly. The room had a loud generator in it and a bright light. Some wooden planks and drywall where slanted against one wall.

"You're right IQ. This place leads to the outside," said Montagne.

He had moved farther down another hallway.

"It's weird. This place wasn't on the blueprints," I said as I walked towards Montagne's position.

"I can tell by the digging that they've tried to extend this part of the house. That would explain why it wouldn't be on any original blueprints of the house," explained Montagne.

"But why?" I whispered to myself.

I moved back to the rest of my team. Hibana and Buck were checking the hallway that brought us here, but Thermite seem distant. The generator was off for some reason, but upon closer inspection, I noticed a bullet hole in it.

"Come on, there's an exit over here."

All three of my teammates looked at me.

"Are we still going after the package?" asked Thermite.

We were running low on ammo and had no clue where the package was, but we could give it a shot.

"We don't have a lot of ammo left and no clue where the package is. By show of hands, who still wants to go thru with the mission?" I asked my teammates.