Chapter 11 - The attack

(POV) Bandit

"What do we know about them?" Six asked.

Ash and I were sitting in Six's office... well I was sitting, Ash was passing around the office. She had burst through the door a couple of minutes ago while I was going over strategies with Six. The first thing she said was "I know where he came from" and we all knew who she was talking about.

Apparently this Saber guy was part of a cult that the FBI where tracking, or so we're told. The redhead hadn't stopped for a breath until Harry had forced her to calm down a couple of minutes ago.

"We know they disappeared without a trace 2 years ago. They didn't respect the law and avoided any contact with authorities completely. We had a team of agents following their tracks and every time we went to 'talk to them' the cult would just disappear without a trace. The agents had made a list of all members they spotted on camera footage. The cult has about 10 people in it, which is very small for a group with this amount of destructive capability"

Six and I watched as Ash walked back and forth while rambling on about his guy's cult.

"Do you even know what their called?" I asked.

"I think the files said The Hidden, but I could be wrong" answered Ash.

Sounds like a bad alien name. Oh no, watch out, The Hidden are trying to enslave our children. Who names their cult that?

"So, these people were going after criminals... and killing them... then disappearing. Am I getting this right?" asked Harry.

"Yes, and there hasn't been any trace of them for 2 years until Saber showed up" explained Ash.

It was clear Six was thinking about some possibilities to what may have happened to the cult, but come on, who cares? Let's just put this kid in a cell until he tells us what we want to know.

"It's possible tha..."

The phone on Six's desk started ringing, cutting through his sentence. We all peered at it, wondering what this could be. Six picked up the phone, not a second later did his face fall. He stared at a wall behind me, the tension rising with every second passing. It was clear this wasn't a very cheerful phone call by the way Six looked now.

"I'll send a team right away. Keep a perimeter around both buildings until my units have the situation under control" said Six.

I looked over at Ash, and we shared a knowing look. Time to get to work. The sound of the phone being placed back where it belongs broke my staring match with the American. Six let out a long sigh and looked at both of us.

"A school is under attack by the white masks, and we have reports of Saber being in the hospital right in front of it" he said.

Oh great, two missions for the price of one. Wonder who's going.

"Ash, I'll have you leading the way through the school with Buck, Dokkaebi, Ying and Sledge. Bandit, assemble a team and go get Saber. Don't harm him, I'm trusting you with this"

He won't die, that's all I can promise. I nod my head and think about what he just said again.

"Wait, you want me to assemble a team? You sure that's a good idea?"

"We don't have time to select the best team for the job right now so just go with your instinct. I suggest you take Lion. Go both of you and good luck" Six said while ushering us out.

I didn't hesitate. I bolted out of his office and down to the café. There should be willing operators there. Six's voice rang out through the base, making the operators stop and listen to the announcement.