Chapter: Leading to the Party

THANKS FOR READING! HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LIKING IT :) FUN CHAPTERS COMING SOON!

XOXO

******

Back at school

Leslie and I skip the pep-rally. It is a period long so we don't have our math class. Leslie takes me to a small room next to one of the janitor's closet.

"I saw one of the smoker kids come in here to smoke a joint," she says as she sits on a upside down bucket.I sit on a broken down desk.

"So have you made any other friends?" I ask her.

"Well, this girl in my history class," she says, "Her name is Claire."

"Does she have short black hair?" I ask.

"yeah!"

"Oh, she was my first girlfriend in middle school,"

"Wow, Mr. popular with the ladies," she chuckles, "so can I be friends with her?"

"Well yeah, whatever, but how did you guys even start talking?"

"She needed a pencil," Leslie answers, "and then she saw my journal with puppies, she complimented on it, I said I liked her shirt with a puppy, then we started talking about pupp-"

I cut her off, "Okay, I understand."

Leslie chuckles, "Then, she started asking me questions, and yeah, we are friends."

I nod, "Awesome."

"Do you talk to her?"

"No," I say. "We stop talking in 10th grade."

"Why?"

"She thought I spread a rumor about her boobs being fake," I say, "To be honest, I didn't even kiss her! We just holded hands."

"Well," Leslie says. She opens her backpack and gives me a box. "chocolate coated strawberries."

"Awesome," I lightly smile, "Thanks." I give one to her and eat one myself. I put the rest in my backpack.

"So," Leslie says, "Stan is nice. Why don't you want him to talk to me?"

"He likes to mess around with me. He knows how I don't like my friends to talk to him,."

"why?"

"Because," I shrug, "he's cool."

"So?" she asks, "You are cool too."

"Well, since he has army experience and cars and stuff, people think he is cooler than me."

"OH, so you are jealous mister," Leslie smirks. "wow, Derek jealous?"

I throw her the green part of the strawberry. "Shut up, he is just annoying."

"Fine,"

"Oh here," I take out a ring from my jean pocket. "I searched online on how to make one from string and such." I hand her the ring, "It's simple but since you gave me something."

"I like it," she smiles as she puts it on her right index finger. "Thanks."

I feel weird smiling, my cheeks hurt and feel warm. "Your welcome."

"So, then, we shall stop talking about myself," Leslie says, "how are you?"

"Okay," I answer.

"I mean like school wise," she says, "have YOU made any new friends?"

"They are the same faces as last year, except for yours," I answer.

"So I take that as a 'I know everyone' answer," Leslie nods.